Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

How can I get a career in genetics without doing the NHS STP.

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i want a career in genetics. i was thinking about applying for the NHS scientist traneeship programme but i probably wouldn't get in and its not practical as im living in a different country than the UK and it means i would have to come back to the UK.

My current degree is with the OU and im studying health sciences. After my degree I am hoping to apply for MSc Genomic medicine which can be done via distance learning.

I want a career in clinical genetics but from reading online it says i have to go through the NHS STP.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas/routes for me to get to working in genetics?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    So i want a career in genetics. i was thinking about applying for the NHS scientist traneeship programme but i probably wouldn't get in and its not practical as im living in a different country than the UK and it means i would have to come back to the UK.

My current degree is with the OU and im studying health sciences. After my degree I am hoping to apply for MSc Genomic medicine which can be done via distance learning.

I want a career in clinical genetics but from reading online it says i have to go through the NHS STP.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas/routes for me to get to working in genetics?

Thanks
    "would have to come back to the UK.
    "
    Doesn't your country have a STP equivalent?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.