Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

amiibo! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How many people here collect amiibo?

I forgot I had preordered two of the second wave Super Mario line amiibo until they arrived today:

In addition to these, I've another 30-35 amiibo between the Smash, Super Mario, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon lines. Plus Chibi Robo because who could resist that little cutie? I also collect Animal Crossing amiibo cards.

ReputationRep:
    I love amiibo! I was so excited when they were announced because there was a Nintendo merchandise deficit at the time. I only collect the ones that I'm interested in, of the characters I like, and I do not keep them in their boxes.

Currently I have a Pikachu, Shulk, Dark Pit, Mewtwo, Roy, and Wolf Link.

Very excited for the new The Legend of Zelda series.

ReputationRep:
    I kept mine boxed for the first six months-ish, but after a while realised it was not very space-conscious when I had to start stacking them three-high. They just look so much nicer out of their boxes too!*

I have three of the ones you listed: Shulk, Dark Pit, and Mewtwo.

They do look so good, yes! I've my eye on the Wind Waker Link and Zelda.

ReputationRep:
    Sure do! Still working on the collection!

It's like Pokemon. Just gotta catch em all (or get em all in this instance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    I kept mine boxed for the first six months-ish, but after a while realised it was not very space-conscious when I had to start stacking them three-high. They just look so much nicer out of their boxes too!*

I have three of the ones you listed: Shulk, Dark Pit, and Mewtwo.

They do look so good, yes! I've my eye on the Wind Waker Link and Zelda.
    I kept the opened boxes for a while, because I like the design, but threw them away because I didn't open them cleaning. Funko boxes you can keep together even if you open the box, and they still look nice. I love collecting things. <3

I have my eye on the OoT Link because I loved his design. I love the Breath of the Wild ones too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.