Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Dry skin on toes - What exactly is this and how do I treat it? (Picture included)

Please help

As the question goes, what is it and how do I treat it - what kind of practices/products should I use?Here's a picture of my condition.

ReputationRep:
    Put some moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    It could be a fungal infection, it looks a little like what I had on my feet recently and for me it was extremely itchy. If that's the case, a few days of using an anti-fungal cream from the doc will clear it right up. It could just be dry skin too and in that case, any moisturiser for sensitive skin would probably do the trick but if it continues or causes you any itching or discomfort then I'd get it checked out.

(Original post by teamyates)
    Put some moisturiser
    Anything specific?

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    It could be a fungal infection
    Possibly yes.

it looks a little like what I had on my feet recently and for me it was extremely itchy. If that's the case, a few days of using an anti-fungal cream from the doc will clear it right up. It could just be dry skin too and in that case, any moisturiser for sensitive skin would probably do the trick but if it continues or causes you any itching or discomforted then I'd get it checked out.
    It's not at all itchy, but clearly isn't normal. Is there any anti-fungal cream you'd recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Possibly yes.

It's not at all itchy, but clearly isn't normal. Is there any anti-fungal cream you'd recommend?
    My infection was only itchy for a day or two and then it just remained really dry and scaly until I went to the doctor. The cream I used was Daktacort and I think you can only get that from a doctor but it worked really well and my skin was back to normal within three days. Touch wood, 3 months on and it hasn't returned.

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    My infection was only itchy for a day or two and then it just remained really dry and scaly until I went to the doctor. The cream I used was Daktacort and I think you can only get that from a doctor but it worked really well and my skin was back to normal within three days. Touch wood, 3 months on and it hasn't returned.
    Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.