shneebnee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to apply to a university in the US, most preferably Stanford.

I got BCCDDDE on GCSEs.
However I got AAAAABB on AS levels and I am predicted A*A*AA on A level (Self studying Further maths too).

I also did the SAT Reasoning test with a 1520 score on the new SAT and did Maths 2 and Physics.

I believe I have an extremely active extracurricular background
Will the GCSE grades hold me back from getting accepted by a university in US (most preferably Stanford)?
Jakir
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How the **** did you get that as - don't worry your grades will not hold you back, it's about your character.
Starlight2000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shneebnee)

I got BCCDDDE on GCSEs.
However I got AAAAABB on AS levels and I am predicted A*A*AA on A level (Self studying Further maths too).

I also did the SAT Reasoning test with a 1520 score on the new SAT and did Maths 2 and Physics.

Will the GCSE grades hold me back from getting accepted by a university in US (most preferably Stanford)?
How were you able to do so many a levels (in our school you have to get atleast 46 (preferably in 48 or over though) or over APS score in your best 8 GCSES to be able to study 4 Alevels and 5 Alevels are mostly for those students who achieved As and A*s for GCSE.
Any ways I think you may be allowed I mean I don't know whether American unis have the same requirement as us about getting atleast a C in maths and and English Lang to be considered for a place
Ur as levels are amazing- great inspiring example of someone who truly wanted to turn things around. I hate unis that judge people by their GCSE grades no matter how well they've done at a level.
Well done you!
What subjects r u doing and what did you get in them at GCSE and then a level if you don't mind me asking?
I have chosen bio despite getting a c and I really wanna change things. Ur grades make me motivated to work hard as working hard can make a difference clearly!
Starlight2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I got BCCDDDE on GCSEs.

How were you able to do so many a levels (in our school you have to get atleast 46 (preferably in 48 or over though) or over APS score in your best 8 GCSES to be able to study 4 Alevels and 5 Alevels are mostly for those students who achieved As and A*s for GCSE.
Any ways I think you may be allowed I mean I don't know whether American unis have the same requirement as us about getting atleast a C in maths and and English Lang to be considered for a place
Ur as levels are amazing- great inspiring example of someone who truly wanted to turn things around. I hate unis that judge people by their GCSE grades no matter how well they've done at a level.
Well done you!
What subjects r u doing and what did you get in them at GCSE and then a level if you don't mind me asking?
I have chosen bio despite getting a c and I really wanna change things. Ur grades make me motivated to work hard as working hard can make a difference clearly!
KnowledgeIsBest
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how did you get 7 AS levels ? why would you go to America?
shneebnee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Starlight2000)
Well done you!
I think the school allowed me to do 4 A level because it is a private school (I am just guessing) or maybe because it is a different exam board (CIE).

At GCSE:

Maths- B
English- C
Physics- C
Biology- D
Geography- D
ICT- D
Portuguese-E

AS Level:

Maths- A
Physics- A
Biology- A
Geography- A
Portuguese- A
General Paper- B
English Language- B

Predicted A Level:

Maths- A*
Physics- A*
Biology- A
Further Maths- A

I'm glad I made motivated; worked really hard to get these grades!
Starlight2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the school allowed me to do 4 A level because it is a private school (I am just guessing) or maybe because it is a different exam board (CIE).

At GCSE:

Maths- B
English- C
Physics- C
Biology- D
Geography- D
ICT- D
Portuguese-E

AS Level:

Maths- A
Physics- A
Biology- A
Geography- A
Portuguese- A
General Paper- B
English Language- B

Predicted A Level:

Maths- A*
Physics- A*
Biology- A
Further Maths- A

I'm glad I made motivated; worked really hard to get these grades!
Wow well done!
Good luck...hope you get those grades!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.76%
I don't have everything I need (294)
43.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed