Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Would you marry a fat person? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you marry a fat person?
    I'm a guy: yes
    12.00%
    I'm a guy: no
    36.00%
    I'm a girl: yes
    28.00%
    I'm a girl: no
    24.00%

ReputationRep:
    Would you? Do you feel that they should lose weight? Or would you avoid them completely?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    If I marry someone she'll have to have similar interests to me, one of my biggest interests being building upon my physique. So nah.

ReputationRep:
    Depends completely. If he's a bit chubby but knows how to look after himself and is a loving guy then yep thats deffo my type, but those 300lbs+ who can't admit they have a problem and lack hygiene nope soz. I've lost 40lbs, so I could help my partner in the future if he needs it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm engaged to someone who is overweight at the moment. He is losing weight and has recently lost half a stone in a month but I'd love and marry him regardless. The only problem I have ever had with his weight is the possible health problems it could cause him in the future, not how it makes him look but I am glad he is starting to lose some weight now as it takes a lot of worry off my mind.

ReputationRep:
    probably not - only because I *have* been fat in my life and I am disgusted with how I became like that in my childhood and early teen years. and I know how easy it is, relatively, to lose weight if you really just commit yourself and have just a little bit of self-discipline. being fat, to me, is nothing but a sign of poor responsibility and self-neglect, not just aesthetically, but based on health as well. I don't know too many fat people who've lived much past 80, and that's an optimistic figure.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely not

Overweigtness isn't attractive but you don't really decide who to marry based on their weight, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm.

Tbh I have no intentions of marrying anyone, let alone someone "fat".

ReputationRep:
    It depends on lots of things, but generally I find heavy sexier than thin.

There's a lot of fantasies that a thin guy just couldn't be in of course.

ReputationRep:
    Obese, no, chunky, yes. Wifey material for me = the rarest of gems + would soon have her whipped into shape :whip:

No rocking way

ReputationRep:
    Either way they get fat in the end, just don't marry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking aisle blocker? Or just a bit of a chunker?

ReputationRep:
    I'd genuinely get squished because I'm skinny :/

ReputationRep:
    Fat is quite an ambiguous term.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of squishiness can be very attractive and I've certainly come to appreciate the fuller figure more as I've aged.

As for obese, no.

ReputationRep:
    if she had a massive dowry as well.

ReputationRep:
    For me to be able to pursue a person or even start getting to know them in a romantic sense I'd have to be attracted to them first and imo someone who is overweight is not attractive and therefore I'd just remain friends with them if we did get along in every other sense.

ReputationRep:
    Chubby: sure!
    Fat: no.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.