The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

I'm a current Liverpool University Fresher, AMA

It's coming up to UCAS Application time and I thought some people might be looking in this forum for more information about the University of Liverpool. I will answer all questions to the best of my ability, and honestly!

Studying Classical Studies
Reply 1
How expensive and diverse is the city of Liverpool in general? Also how hard was it to get in?? :/

International student here btw.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Freakout
How expensive and diverse is the city of Liverpool in general? Also how hard was it to get in?? :/

International student here btw.

Hi! Liverpool is really diverse, both the city and the uni - though, while diverse, the majority of the population is still white British. There are lots of societies that you can join that would help with meeting other people if you can't find them.

In terms of expenses I haven't got as much experience, I'm in catered accommodation so don't have to shop much but I average at about £8 a week for snacks. There are lots of clubs with free entry but those that you have to pay for have been (in my experience) between £3-£10. Catered accommodation (for me) costs £5,651.10 for the year and this covers meals (breakfast and dinner), boarding, showers, etc, and ends up being £20.70 a day, so the value isn't too bad.

I got in through Clearing, not sure if you're familiar with it as an international student - basically I got rejected from my firm Andy insurance offers on results day. I got accepted in Liverpool with grades BCC for an ABB-BBB course so they're really understanding for a Russell Group uni!

Hope this helps :smile:
I am an A level student currently wanting to study Biological Sciences at Liverpool as my first choice. I really liked the university on the open day but I'm worried as my predicted grades are approx ABC but the course entry requirements are AAB-ABB. with lower predicted grades do you think i still have a chance of getting an offer for the course? I feel like applying for Russell Group Universities when my predicted grades are not that high (due to under performing massively at the end of year 12) might be a bit unrealistic for me.
Reply 4
Original post by jessmparker
I am an A level student currently wanting to study Biological Sciences at Liverpool as my first choice. I really liked the university on the open day but I'm worried as my predicted grades are approx ABC but the course entry requirements are AAB-ABB. with lower predicted grades do you think i still have a chance of getting an offer for the course? I feel like applying for Russell Group Universities when my predicted grades are not that high (due to under performing massively at the end of year 12) might be a bit unrealistic for me.

I was accepted into Liverpool with BCC for an ABB course. I'm sure as long as you get your predicted grades you'll be sound

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending