Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ok to pop a blister? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Especially, if it is large and painful (pinky toe)? Share any personal experience. I want to know.

ReputationRep:
    where is the blister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnowledgeIsBest)
    where is the blister?
    Pinky toe on the right foot.

ReputationRep:
    It's best to let heal by itself

ReputationRep:
    I've always bitten them open and then put a plaster on them. A moment of savagery, followed by a return to civilised behaviour.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Especially, if it is large and painful (pinky toe)? Share any personal experience. I want to know.
    It's best to put a blister plaster on it and let it heal by itself. If it's particularly bothersome you can see a pharmacist about it to see what they advise.

Some people do pop blisters and it works for them, but I wouldn't advise it as it can lead to a risk of infections and stuff. It's generally best not to interfere with your body's natural healing process, especially by breaking skin.

ReputationRep:
    I always pop blisters. They feel better after. *

Get a needle and sterilise via flame (e.g. a lighter or match) and then force it through the skin of a blister. This is easy you won't even feel it. The challenge is making sure you don't poke it too far rather than just breaking the blister. Let it drain (might require squeezing) and viola. It shouldn't even hurt after.

I'll put a plaster on if I did it right before bed so it won't rub on the sheets. Otherwise I just leave it to air out - so no socks!

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is simple:

- Pierce Blister and drain liquid.
    - Cut excess skin off with scissors
    - To help heal pour vinegar and a little salt.
    - If it stings add more vinegar, and repeat until it stops stinging.

ReputationRep:
    Auntie Foo Foo's Guide to Housewifery:

1) Lance
    2) Squeeze gently
    3) Dab dry with cottons
    4) Apply ointment or talc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.