Electrical and computer engineering student wanting to do mathematics masters.Watch
so I am an electrical and computer engineering student.
I want to do a masters in mathematics (discrete, applied but preferred pure!) in the UK, Netherlands or other countries.
I know that usually universities require a maths or physics degree to be admitted for a master.
Is it possible that some universities could accept me with the precondition of having to do some remedial coursework?
I study in Germany and these are the courses with mathematics:
1. Maths one and two, 20 ECTS credits.
2. Signals and systems 1 and 2: 12 ECTS credits.
3. Data structures und algorithms; 6 ECTS.
4.Databases: 6 ECTS.
5. Signals processing. 6 ECTS.
Number 1 is pure mathematics, the rest have the highest amount of applied math, is this a satisfactory background to:
1. Get admitted with remedial coursework to a pure mathematics degree?
2. if not one, then get admitted to a "discrete mathematics" or "applied math" master?
finally, are there any programmes you could recommend?
thanks in advance.