Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fox Hunting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This has probably been done before but I can't find it! So I want to know what ya all think about fox hunting. Whether it should be banned or should stay, whether you think tighter controlls could be put on the sport, or if you think its too disgusting to be called sport!

Vote on the poll and give your opinion in here!

ReputationRep:
    People who dress up in red coats and on horse back with a pack of hounds chasing a little fox through the country side have some serious issues.

If fox numbers have to be controlled why not just shoot them point blank.
    Why cant we go round and hunt all the rapist in such a way, now that would be a sport

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there that argument that shooting with guns can just harm them and that when the dogs bite their necks they die instantly? :confused:

I'm sure someone was telling me it was more humane to let a dog tear them to pieces than to shoot them

ReputationRep:
    Well given the choice would you rather be shot or chased/attacked/mauled by a pack of lions?

ReputationRep:
    Are there any fox hunters here who could actually tell us what they find so much fun in chasing some tiny animal and shooting it to pieces? i mean you don't even eat the thing you just want to turn it into little pieces of red fur...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blood & Honour)
    Well given the choice would you rather be shot or chased/attacked/mauled by a pack of lions?
    you might have more of a chance with the lions... i mean lets face it against a firing squad you're f****d whereas the lions you might escape/survive

ReputationRep:
    If death was certain then jesus i hate you pandantic gimps

ReputationRep:
    If death was certain then jesus i hate you pandantic gimps
    Bit harsh i was only kidding. however i think then fighting lions would be a better way to go than being shot down some back alley, much better to go down fighting than pissing yourself in front of the barrel of a gun

ReputationRep:
    People who dress up in red coats and on horse back with a pack of hounds chasing a little fox through the country side have some serious issues.

Why cant we go round and hunt all the rapist in such a way, now that would be a sport
    Funny that. If it wasn't for people who went fox hunting, you probably wouldn't be alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Funny that. If it wasn't for people who went fox hunting, you probably wouldn't be alive.
    how so?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you! Are there any fox hunters out there who can give us their perspective on it! Thanks

Scotty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    I agree with you! Are there any fox hunters out there who can give us their perspective on it! Thanks

Scotty
    Yeah I'd like to hear that argument.

I've heard all the "foxes are vermin" stuff but never heard anyone actually say "I enjoy hunting" or give other reasons. I can't believe that if it is just eradicating a pest there is a need for all the ceremony?

ReputationRep:
    I would just say that banning fox hunting will result in many people in rural area losing their livelyhoods. It is all well to say how cruel and antiquated fox hunting is when we are in urban areas, but some rural people depend on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    This has probably been done before but I can't find it! So I want to know what ya all think about fox hunting. Whether it should be banned or should stay, whether you think tighter controlls could be put on the sport, or if you think its too disgusting to be called sport!

Vote on the poll and give your opinion in here!
    if you bothered to read the 'Read Me!' sticky, you would find a link to a significant discussion of fox hunting here...http://www.uk-learning.net/t31354.html

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I would just say that banning fox hunting will result in many people in rural area losing their livelyhoods. It is all well to say how cruel and antiquated fox hunting is when we are in urban areas, but some rural people depend on it.
    This was true with some other sports but they were nevertheless outlawed. So why bother now? Why can't I joust eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    This was true with some other sports but they were nevertheless outlawed. So why bother now? Why can't I joust eh?
    You can joust, just join a medieval recreationist society, then you can joust to your heart's content.

ReputationRep:

Its a British tradition, well, ive been hunting before and its pretty fun, not for fox but still, hunting is a great sport, just like fishing or shooting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Yeah I'd like to hear that argument.

I've heard all the "foxes are vermin" stuff but never heard anyone actually say "I enjoy hunting" or give other reasons. I can't believe that if it is just eradicating a pest there is a need for all the ceremony?
    fox hunting is enjoyed predominantly for the ceremony, the social occasion, its codes, and a chance to enjoy the outdoors with like minded people. the fact that it controls a fox population is an all important bonus.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it should go full stop because at heart I am a traditionalist and would want to keep part of our heritage. Although I think that there should be guidelines set out i.e. to stop the breeding of foxes to be killed in hunts. The foxes killed should be vermin and a nuisance and not bred for the sport.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.