Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any good places in either Manchester or Preston for piercings? Esp snakebites, monroes, sternums and septums.

Preferably recommendations from people who've actually had the above done

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Holier Than Thou in Manchester is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Afflecks palace have a couple of piercing studios, I had my ears pierced in one of them, they were OK, thought it was a bit pricy at £12.

There is Cobwebs in Stockport which is pretty good, I used to get my nose pierced there for a fiver lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha3el)
    Afflecks palace have a couple of piercing studios, I had my ears pierced in one of them, they were OK, thought it was a bit pricy at £12.

There is Cobwebs in Stockport which is pretty good, I used to get my nose pierced there for a fiver lol
    Cheap doesn't mean good.
    I'd rather pay more for someone who knows what they're doing, to be quite honest.

For a FIVER? Was that with a gun? =/

ReputationRep:
    I went to one of the Affleck's Palace ones too. On the 2nd floor I think, he was good. £20 for a mid ear piercing, I think... Sounds pricey but better than dirt cheap!

ReputationRep:
    Afflecks is your best bet. One at the back of the 2nd floor (I think). There's a fair few round Preston, give student discount in the one nearest the town centre (I'll find out what it's called for sure) and I've heard it's quite good - I never had anything done there personally. it's down one of the side streets near the woolworths methinks - proper clean in there. staff are friendly n that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorkHouse)
    Afflecks is your best bet. One at the back of the 2nd floor (I think). There's a fair few round Preston, give student discount in the one nearest the town centre (I'll find out what it's called for sure) and I've heard it's quite good - I never had anything done there personally. it's down one of the side streets near the woolworths methinks - proper clean in there. staff are friendly n that.
    I watched a friend of my ex-boyfriend get his nose pierced at the one on the 2nd floor, and it didn't look fantastically sterile

The one in Preston you're talking about; is the front window pretty much ceiling-to-floor glass, and the walls are covered in tattoo designs? I walked passed it once, and it's a pretty striking place, so I noticed it, but I wasn't interested in body mods back then. I can't remember what it's called, but 'Paranoia' rings a bell..?

Thanks guys

And I'd happily pay more if it meant the quality was spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Cheap doesn't mean good.
    I'd rather pay more for someone who knows what they're doing, to be quite honest.

For a FIVER? Was that with a gun? =/

I didn't mean to imply that cheap was good.

And I can't remember, I was about thirteen :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha3el)
    I didn't mean to imply that cheap was good.

And I can't remember, I was about thirteen.
    You said that they're pretty good.

They pierced your nose for a fiver when you were 13 - they are most definitely not good.

Seriously, stick to Holier Than Thou. Amazing place. Got both of my nostrils pierced there in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveinelle)
    I watched a friend of my ex-boyfriend get his nose pierced at the one on the 2nd floor, and it didn't look fantastically sterile

The one in Preston you're talking about; is the front window pretty much ceiling-to-floor glass, and the walls are covered in tattoo designs? I walked passed it once, and it's a pretty striking place, so I noticed it, but I wasn't interested in body mods back then. I can't remember what it's called, but 'Paranoia' rings a bell..?

Thanks guys

And I'd happily pay more if it meant the quality was spot on.
    I meant the one in Preston seemed sterile, stank of antibac for one. yeah - it's got two floors - really huge ceilings and the 2nd floor is acually down a metal spiral staircase into the cellar. really good designs with the tattoo's.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.