Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When something comes out of the blue, how can i think effectively? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For example, today someone asked me for change to buy food, i said i got nothing. Even though I was carrying a kfc sweetcorn I didnt realise.

Thats an example... also phone calls, sometimes I leave one thinking **** why didnt I ask...

I want to think like how they want us to think in an exam, and I want to think effectively in suprising situations

ReputationRep:
    You just have to cope with it. It is difficult, but as soon as you are confronted with an uncomfortable situation you need to immediately try your best to respond to it. And sometimes you won't have very much time. I just go along with whatever is easiest. E.g. someone asks me to do something - I try my best to do it. I only reject if I have a severe moral reason to do so. You have to dismiss your own feelings and just focus on what needs to be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    For example, today someone asked me for change to buy food, i said i got nothing. Even though I was carrying a kfc sweetcorn I didnt realise.

Thats an example... also phone calls, sometimes I leave one thinking **** why didnt I ask...

I want to think like how they want us to think in an exam, and I want to think effectively in suprising situations
    This same thing happens with me - but it's annoying because it happens too frequently. Maybe that's a psychological trick though - maybe I'm just focusing mainly on the things that went wrong. On the other hand, something has helped me. I've sharpened my saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlTxC4QG8g
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...arpen-the-saw/

The big thing I do is hesitate before I answer. This gives me some crucial seconds to think of some stuff before I say things without thinking. It helps to talk a lot and get into these kinds of situations as well - you'll be quite used to them and not only that, but the experience of talking face-to-face can help with spontaneous talking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.