The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Corporate and Investment Banking Analyst Program

Hi,

I am applying to Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) Analyst Program.

One of the motivation questions is

"In your own words please describe the function of the division of the business you have selected and why have you applied to Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) ?"

On the link with the job description and job requirements below

https://bankcampuscareers.tal.net/vx/mobile-0/brand-5/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/613-EMEA-London-Global-Corporate-and-Investment-Banking-Analyst-Programme/en-GB

it gives 2 sentences about what GCIB does and then states that GCIB is split into 3 areas which are Corporate Banking and Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and Investment Banking and then explains what each of these 3 areas do.

What I am not sure about is that when answering this question, am I supposed to decribe the function of GCIB or am I supposed to describe the function of either one from Corporate Banking and Debt Markets, Equity Capital Markets or Investment Banking?

In the online application form it does not ask which of those 3 areas I prefer to work in/would choose to work in, yet on the job description link for each of the 3 areas it gives its own description of what an Analyst in that area would do

Is there anyone who is applying/has applied to this job who could help me with this?

Also the second question asks in the application form is

"How do you think you will utilise your academic skills and experience to add value to the division you are applying to?"

I would like to clarify whether the word "experience" here is only referring to academic experience or would it be okay for me to mention past work experience I have had?

Thanks
Anyone?
It's referring to all types of experience (academic, work, voluntary, sport, other etc.)

I did roughly a sentence or two on each area within GCIB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending