Too emotional about my girlfriend

Announcements

18. I've been with her for 8 months.

I think i'm too emotional about my girlfriend. I cry most nights and some days whenever I think of her and how happy she makes me and how amazing she is. One little thought of her at night makes me weep. The other day I just saw her inn college and I completely lost focus in my class. There is too much love between us. I know she feels the same as she tells me everyday. This is made worse by the fact that I'm going to have to break up with her at the end of this college year when I head off for uni. We are both aware of this and we have decided that we are not doing long distance.

Is this bad?
    How do I prepare for the break up bit?

ReputationRep:
    Take a step back. Try to think more objectively and more realistically. Is she your first proper girlfriend by any chance? I'm sure she's really great but there is always someone out there who can make you feel the same. If you put her on such a high pedestal you'll probably end up being hurt.

(Original post by Jimmy291)
    Take a step back. Try to think more objectively and more realistically. Is she your first proper girlfriend by any chance? I'm sure she's really great but there is always someone out there who can make you feel the same. If you put her on such a high pedestal you'll probably end up being hurt.
    Yes she is my first proper. That does make sense. Ill try to take that into account ty

ReputationRep:
    awesome ...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been in a similar situation, recently broke up with my bf who left for uni. I think you should deffo focus on the positives and make the time up until you go a really good experience for both of you and end it on a high this is what we decided to do and I can say I have no regrets as I loved him as much as I wanted to and I knew we made the most loving decision to end it as he knew he couldn't give me the time to keep the relationship up, so I know I'm happy as he did it for me. Just know that you're doing the most loving thing for your gf and from my experience it genuinely does get better I mean it's easier said than done to not get too attached but I wouldn't think of that, just focus on having a good time together and I genuinely wish you all the best OP

ReputationRep:
    Awww this is really sweet but its life and somtimes we have to go through these tough moments. try and look at it as a positive new opportunity and who knows maybe one day you will meet again. its eaiser said than done but try and occupy yourself with things taht will help you think about it less each day.

ReputationRep:
    there is a famous indian quote i like to tell you ... get a job and marry her ...

when you loose your first girl friend ...

you might have to wait till 30 to find the next proper younger girl to fall in love ...lol

ReputationRep:
    OP doesn't sit right. Most likely, one of you decided you'd need to break up and the other is going along with it. Let's be real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    OP doesn't sit right. Most likely, one of you decided you'd need to break up and the other is going along with it. Let's be real
    ^^^

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Isn't this how it always goes? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    When the feelings/beta behaviours are as strong as the OP claims, then aye, pretty much. Otherwise, not always e.g. if both parties adopt a pretty casual attitude and/or are experienced + secure + philosophical enough to see the sense in acting pre-emptively. Love the way UCAS have apparently started advising kids to dump each other before heading off to uni :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I think i'm too emotional about my girlfriend. I cry most nights and some days whenever I think of her and how happy she makes me and how amazing she is. One little thought of her at night makes me weep. The other day I just saw her inn college and I completely lost focus in my class. There is too much love between us. I know she feels the same as she tells me everyday. This is made worse by the fact that I'm going to have to break up with her at the end of this college year when I head off for uni. We are both aware of this and we have decided that we are not doing long distance.

Is this bad?
    This is why I didn't do school relationships....

ReputationRep:
    When the feelings/beta behaviours are as strong as the OP claims, then aye, pretty much. Otherwise, not always e.g. if both parties adopt a pretty casual attitude and/or are experienced + secure + philosophical enough to see the sense in acting pre-emptively. Love the way UCAS have apparently started advising kids to dump each other before heading off to uni :laugh:
    "What not to take" looool
    Honestly, if the girl got offended by UCAS telling her to do this, she's got a bit of a problem too.

ReputationRep:
    "What not to take" looool
    UCAS has jokes these days!

Honestly, if the girl got offended by UCAS telling her to do this, she's got a bit of a problem too.
    I dunno man, if you were in love with some kid then I guess you might take offence at this sort of casual racism :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have to break up? Long distance isn't bad My BF just went to university and it has been hard but we are doing well, and distance makes the heart go fonder, it really does It doesn't have to be that way all the best OP

ReputationRep:
    awww, that's so cute, I want what you have in 11 years when I'm 27.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Is this bad?
    Dude, this sucks to read. You dont have to break up, right? Give long distance a go, see if it works.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.