Please help, i'm about to give up...

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    My house is just so unbelievably stressful I find it impossible to concentrate, I really don't know what to do and I don't want to miss out on getting into my ideal Uni because of it...

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done that. You can either order a pair of foam ear plugs (theyre not expensive) or if its really bad at your place, consider spending the rest of your time at a local library. I used to do all those and on occassion study in my car in a super market car park whilst waiting for school time to finish to pick up my little sister nearby.

(Original post by BurdMan)
    My house is just so unbelievably stressful I find it impossible to concentrate, I really don't know what to do and I don't want to miss out on getting into my ideal Uni because of it...
    Find somewhere else to work either school or library. You can normally aces uni libraries during daytimes or even join them.

Ear defenders or ear plugs for sound.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...=ear+defenders

ReputationRep:
    As above - school library, public library, there's gotta be somewhere you can go. Maybe a friend's house, depending on how easily you get distracted by that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanSea)
    As above - school library, public library, there's gotta be somewhere you can go. Maybe a friend's house, depending on how easily you get distracted by that?
    I can't really go elsewhere for the majority of the time until my uni entry tests are over

ReputationRep:
    I can't really go elsewhere for the majority of the time until my uni entry tests are over
    Speak to your family tell them what you need from them then...

Tidy your room make it a good working environment

Drown out the noise with ear plugs, music or those ear muff things that workmen use

ReputationRep:
    Is there no one you can stay with whilst you revise? Relatives? Family friends? If this really is the case you've gotta consider all alternatives to the one you've got. It sounds like anything is better than your current situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Speak to your family tell them what you need from them then...

Tidy your room make it a good working environment

Drown out the noise with ear plugs, music or those ear muff things that workmen use
    I've tried talking to them about this for years, nothing's changed.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried talking to them about this for years, nothing's changed.
    Okay... then the other stuff I said

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. If you can't leave the house definitely get some ear plugs and ask for people to let you study alone if you're able to. Look into getting noise cancelling headphones or any headphones in general so you can drown out some of the noise. I'd recommend music without lyrics so you don't get distracted by it. Personally prefer classical but house/dubstep stuff can work too.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.