Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

am I depressed?

i've heard that some peple go to the doctors to get diagnosed for depression, so are you not depressed until you get it professionally checked?
    i feel like my life is going down the drain and i'll list the problems below so you can help me make a judgement.
    I have the best possible grades i could ever want. but there's many problems i have and it drains me everyday.

-i've started 6th form, it didn't go as well as i expected. i still have my friends. but the whole aspect of sixth form saddens me. the social aspect, the general atmoesphere, the people. i dont want to go back, my friends are my only motivation to going everyday

-recently my parents had an argument, they always have petty argument but recently, their cold war lasted for one week with none talking to each other. dinner time was the worse, so i lost my appetite, got underweight. now i find it hard to eat, but my parents dont see that it was them who made me leave the table as soon as i sat down, they blame me for not eating cos im too lazy to leave my room. i like to say their arguments are none of my business but in reality, im lying if i say it doesnt affect me, cos i was so down the past few weeks, i wanted to go to the dreaded 6th form than stay at home.

-ive recently confessed to a boy i like for one year...anonymously. he's very nice about it, he's amazing as i expected all this time. but i doubt he's gay, he told me he just broke up with his gf. it feels amazing to finally let my feelings out despite he not knowing who hes talking to. at the same time, i feel like this is a waste of time if he doesnt know. i know its a waste of time but i cant resist talking to him. i was going to get over him once i confessed but he just had to reply with the most welcoming message ive receieved.

-cos of my underweight issue, i'm feeling insecure about my appearance. when you have a crush to impress even though he might not be gay, it's hard when you look like a bag of bones.

-constantly feeling down during the day, even now, i just want to go take a nap. i will go take a nap, but i also got school work to cover.

- i feel like my day has gone really quickly, when time flies youre having fun right? my days are tedious, monotonous, but somehow it goes so fast, i feel like im losing my teenage years, supposedly the best time of a persons life. its going so fast, i feel like i cant keep up with school work.

-there's like a pang in my chest of sadness. its like i can physically feel sadness. i cant even cry, how can i cry when i cant pinpoint the most depressing thing in my life at the moment? the sadness dissipates to all aspect, i dont know what to cry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've heard that some peple go to the doctors to get diagnosed for depression, so are you not depressed until you get it professionally checked?
    i feel like my life is going down the drain and i'll list the problems below so you can help me make a judgement.
    I have the best possible grades i could ever want. but there's many problems i have and it drains me everyday.

-i've started 6th form, it didn't go as well as i expected. i still have my friends. but the whole aspect of sixth form saddens me. the social aspect, the general atmoesphere, the people. i dont want to go back, my friends are my only motivation to going everyday

-recently my parents had an argument, they always have petty argument but recently, their cold war lasted for one week with none talking to each other. dinner time was the worse, so i lost my appetite, got underweight. now i find it hard to eat, but my parents dont see that it was them who made me leave the table as soon as i sat down, they blame me for not eating cos im too lazy to leave my room. i like to say their arguments are none of my business but in reality, im lying if i say it doesnt affect me, cos i was so down the past few weeks, i wanted to go to the dreaded 6th form than stay at home.

-ive recently confessed to a boy i like for one year...anonymously. he's very nice about it, he's amazing as i expected all this time. but i doubt he's gay, he told me he just broke up with his gf. it feels amazing to finally let my feelings out despite he not knowing who hes talking to. at the same time, i feel like this is a waste of time if he doesnt know. i know its a waste of time but i cant resist talking to him. i was going to get over him once i confessed but he just had to reply with the most welcoming message ive receieved.

-cos of my underweight issue, i'm feeling insecure about my appearance. when you have a crush to impress even though he might not be gay, it's hard when you look like a bag of bones.

-constantly feeling down during the day, even now, i just want to go take a nap. i will go take a nap, but i also got school work to cover.

- i feel like my day has gone really quickly, when time flies youre having fun right? my days are tedious, monotonous, but somehow it goes so fast, i feel like im losing my teenage years, supposedly the best time of a persons life. its going so fast, i feel like i cant keep up with school work.

-there's like a pang in my chest of sadness. its like i can physically feel sadness. i cant even cry, how can i cry when i cant pinpoint the most depressing thing in my life at the moment? the sadness dissipates to all aspect, i dont know what to cry about.
    If you are at all concerned about your mental health please talk to your GP, or available counselor, your sixth form should have one. Please don't self diagnose, it's dangerous Stay safe/healthy OP

i'm not even sure if i have depression or anxiety disorder now, i have heart palpitations thinking about going to school. just thinking gets me nervous, i dont want to think. i'm so scared.

ReputationRep:
    Write poems about it and harness the sadness until you can cry. When you cry try to cry as much as possible and follow that emotion wherever it leads. Once you're depressed there's no escape. Depression is the inability to pity yourself. So pity yourself now and always.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.