where can I find work experience for law?

    • Thread Starter

    hello everyone,I am considering going into law as a profession, and I shall hopefully do this subject for a degree.however, my school says that we need to do a week longs work experience after our GCSES. I am currently 15 and am in year eleven. so, I have looked for work placements in London at chambers and legal firms and unfortunately, I cannot find any that will offer me an oppertunity. all of the firms in London seem to only be offering placements for disadvantaged children, and I don't seem to fall under this category.where can I apply? ideally it would be a top law firm in London. thank-you,Hannah

    Unless you have any connections in the law world, then you’ll just have to look on the websites of firms that you’d like to work for. They usually have details of the work experience programmes that they offer on there and an application form for you to fill out. Even if they don’t, it’s still worth sending them an email explaining why you want to do work experience at their firm.

    Also, maybe broaden your horizons a little bit and contact some firms that you otherwise wouldn't. You can use the following tool on the law society to help with your search: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.