Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

I am thinking of transferring can anyone give me advice ?

ReputationRep:
    I started uni and I feel like I don't fit in with anyone. I also feel like I don't like my course. This is putting me down because all my other friends in their uni have fit in. I am thinking of transferring next year, because I feel like this place is not for me. Has anyone else been in this situation or is in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl17)
    I started uni and I feel like I don't fit in with anyone. I also feel like I don't like my course. This is putting me down because all my other friends in their uni have fit in. I am thinking of transferring next year, because I feel like this place is not for me. Has anyone else been in this situation or is in this situation?
    You'll have to email the university admissions and see if they'd allow a transfer into year 2 with the modules you have. If not, you'll have to go into year 1 and start over again, in which case there is no transfer of credit usually, just apply on ucas like a normal first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl17)
    Hello ,

First of all I'd say, at this current moment, you only 'feel' like you don't fit in and like you don't like your course. You aren't saying you really don't like it - just that that's the way you feel - but that implies it could change. Don't compare yourself to any other persons experience because everybody's is different.

If you feel like you are going to transfer next year - then that implies you are going to stick out the year in your current university and a lot can change in that time - if you are going to give it that much of a chance, see how you feel at the end of the year and if you've got that far, why can't you get a little further? Just keep setting yourself goals.

If you REALLY can't stand to be on the course any longer then I'd suggest dropping out now or you aren't going to settle and enjoy your year and be able to focus so it'd be a good idea to try and transfer sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.