Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you do when you are angry? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There is only one person who is able to make me really angry and unfortunately I have to live with them and I also depend on them (just a few more weeks till I no longer have to do that). When I'm angry, I have this urge to physically hurt her and even accidentally send her to hospital. Its really hard for me to keep cool and not freak out. All my anger ends up turning into tear because I know I'm not allowed to smash her head with a hammer over and over again. It hurts that I can't hurt her. And this all stems from the anger I feel.

So how do I handle this anger and what do you do when you are angry?

ReputationRep:
    take a chill pill mate

ReputationRep:
    I like to listen to music

ReputationRep:
    I find killing a few kittens, puppies and baby rabbits helps.

ReputationRep:
    Let it fester when I'm out usually. Not healthy but y'know. Listen to music if I'm alone though, usually does the trick

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get angry, but going to the gym sounds like a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    There is only one person who is able to make me really angry and unfortunately I have to live with them and I also depend on them (just a few more weeks till I no longer have to do that). When I'm angry, I have this urge to physically hurt her and even accidentally send her to hospital. Its really hard for me to keep cool and not freak out. All my anger ends up turning into tear because I know I'm not allowed to smash her head with a hammer over and over again. It hurts that I can't hurt her. And this all stems from the anger I feel.

I'm angry pretty much all the ****ing time lol
    And when I'm not I don't give a damn about anything
    Ugh, anyway, if you really want advice, try not to snap at people, not even at those you hate.
    Don't bottle up your feelings either, take your anger out on sth else. Crying helps too, you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I'm angry pretty much all the ****ing time lol
    And when I'm not I don't give a damn about anything
    Ugh, anyway, if you really want advice, try not to snap at people, not even at those you hate.
    Don't bottle up your feelings either, take your anger out on sth else. Crying helps too, you know.
    Take my anger out on what?

I'm not going to cry over a complete ****
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I admit, I'm not the best at dealing with anger. I shout, swear, throw and smash things etc and I don't recommend that.

I'm working on dealing with my anger and becoming the bigger person and walking away from things that annoy me instead of insisting I get the last word in. I find being alone and taking time to breathe for a few mins helps as does going for a walk while listening to music or dancing about to cheesy tunes in my bedroom playing my pets also helps :love: if possible, talking to someone about what has angered me so much helps too. I agree that bottling in your feelings causes more trouble than good and I think that is a big reason why I can't deal with anger, as I never let it out for years and just swallowed it down.

ReputationRep:

Dunno... A pillow? Plates? (luv the Greeks btw) Sex?
    I usually cry when too much stuff has been getting on my nerves, so yeah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I listen to music that I like, when I can. Also, I try not to focus on what/who made me angry, as that usually just makes me feel even worse
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am angry at the moment. I just punched my desk really hard and listened to music at really high volume. Probably not the best thing to do. Usually sleeping helps, because after I've woken up, I don't care about anything that has made me angry before.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    i like to swear. since swearing isnt in my everyday vocab, it gives it a more effective release

ReputationRep:
    I'm the calmest guy I know, if something's bothering me I sort it out and fix it as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:

Oh, I almost forgot.
    Write.

ReputationRep:
    I dont shout anything at first,just say stuff as if it didnt make a difference then when that person gooes away, i cry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pills usually do the trick, or i lock myself in the room with the least amount of objects and listen to some music

ReputationRep:
    My anger is usually solved by a quick angry **** but doubtless you get a lot more serious anger than I do.

omg i can totally relate!When i am angry,i scream and swear and i have the urge to physically hurt them.but then i realise that it's bad and i instead end up in tears bc i can't do anything.

I noticed in this thread that alot of ppl say"listen to music" but i know that's a really hard thing to do.lIke you can't just think to urself,"Oh let's listen to some music," while ur crying bc of ur anger.I would recommend anger management classes for u

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.