Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Transferring

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I started university, but my life has changed and I need to be closer to home but I dont want to leave studies, so ive contacted a local university and theyve said transferring to them shouldnt be a problem and they will call me on monday, but their course doesnt start while january so what would happen in this period would I stay at my current university or go home and wait for the course to continue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benmz41998)
    Okay so I started university, but my life has changed and I need to be closer to home but I dont want to leave studies, so ive contacted a local university and theyve said transferring to them shouldnt be a problem and they will call me on monday, but their course doesnt start while january so what would happen in this period would I stay at my current university or go home and wait for the course to continue?
    Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear that your life has changed and altered the course of your educational journey some what. At least you have found another university and can start there that is closer to home.

Yes, if you were to start at this other university you'd have to inform your current university that you are leaving and then you'd wait until January to start your new course - this would give you chance to find a small part time job to save up some money, prepare for the start of a new course etc.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear that your life has changed and altered the course of your educational journey some what. At least you have found another university and can start there that is closer to home.

Yes, if you were to start at this other university you'd have to inform your current university that you are leaving and then you'd wait until January to start your new course - this would give you chance to find a small part time job to save up some money, prepare for the start of a new course etc.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your reply, really helpful, do you also know how it will affect my finances, will I need to apply again or will they just wlower them, and I ha e already recwived one payment, what will happen to that,

Thank you so much again
    Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benmz41998)
    Thank you so much for your reply, really helpful, do you also know how it will affect my finances, will I need to apply again or will they just wlower them, and I ha e already recwived one payment, what will happen to that,

Thank you so much again
    Ben
    Hello Ben

No problem, happy to help! I believe if you contact Student Finance (ring them on any weekday) and explain your situation they will be able to best advice you. I doubt it'll effect your student finance too much as you'll announce that you are changing universities and living at home - but your financial situation hasn't changed so it shouldn't alter too much but SFE will be the best to contact.

Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.