The Student Room Group

Tonsillectomy ear pain

Had a tonsillectomy yesterday and was fine for the like 8 hours after while I was still in hospital. Came home starting to feel some pain and took some of my morphine before bed along with paracetamol and ibuprofen as I woke up in intervals during the night. This morning my ears are hurting and it's stopping me swallowing etc. Taken my morphine and paracetamol/ ibuprofen but still hurts so is there anything else I can do to help it a little? Do ice packs or certian foods or anything help?
Original post by Anonymous
Had a tonsillectomy yesterday and was fine for the like 8 hours after while I was still in hospital. Came home starting to feel some pain and took some of my morphine before bed along with paracetamol and ibuprofen as I woke up in intervals during the night. This morning my ears are hurting and it's stopping me swallowing etc. Taken my morphine and paracetamol/ ibuprofen but still hurts so is there anything else I can do to help it a little? Do ice packs or certian foods or anything help?

Chewing gum, sugar free, is said to help. Some people also swear by alternating between hot and cold compresses. A heat pack for a bit and then a cool pack is definitely worth a try. Hope you feel better soon!
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Chewing gum, sugar free, is said to help. Some people also swear by alternating between hot and cold compresses. A heat pack for a bit and then a cool pack is definitely worth a try. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. My dad got me a cold pack so I think i'll try that before I go to bed. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest