The Student Room Group

Sociologist Names?

My teacher said there is other 100 sociologists names for my sociology as exam next year, and I can hardly remember one!!
How do you make it easy enough to remember the different sociologists and what they believed?
I am studying ocr (i also learn using bright colours) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by charlottelouise3
My teacher said there is other 100 sociologists names for my sociology as exam next year, and I can hardly remember one!!
How do you make it easy enough to remember the different sociologists and what they believed?

Break it down into theories or whatever you're studying i.e.

Functionalism:
-Parsons (date) - society has functions, similar to the human body with organs
-Durkheim (date) - people need to feel a sense of social solidarity

Highlight their names and one sentence summarising their theories.
100? **** that man. You just need to remember a few names associated with each sociological theory - relevant topic. It's not too difficult as long as you revise :smile: You'll be going over them practically every lesson anyway.

-I got an A-
Original post by charlottelouise3

I did sociology new spec last year, I ran out of time to remember the sociologist names and I recommend knowing at least the key sociologists for the main theories and the one's your teachers recommended you learn.

there's A LOT of a level sociologists on Quizlet you can use as resources as well as TSR so take a look at them - https://quizlet.com/subject/a-level-sociology/
i guess you could aways make fashcards on Word and print them off :smile:

I wished I'd made like pair up game with sociologist name / date of study / and the theory and matched them up to the right one as it was similar to how i learned my timetables in primary and I reckon it would have been a great way to learn them :smile:

Quick Reply