Second year university transfer students, how is/was it for you?

Watch
username2756828
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

This thread is for anyone currently/just finished on their second year transfer of the same course at a different university. What was the experience like? Moving to a new town/city? Accommodation - halls or private? New people to meet in your course where friendship circles/group have already formed - how did you cope to the changes and how did you fit in with the rest of the people from the course?

I have asked these questions because I want to transfer to a second year of my course in a different university due to personal reasons. I'm hoping the new university would be much better than the one I am currently at.

In summary, I just want some ways in how you overcame the challenges of a second year transfer student as technically it's not a doss year anymore as 20% I think of the mark will contribute to the degree.

Sorry for the long post, I hope this thread will receive many replies ImageEDIT: This thread had been copied from a 2012 thread because I wanted an updated version.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.5%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (21)
10.5%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8%

Watched Threads