Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how does your school react when it's results day? Because in my school they take pictures and record the moment and take pictures of people dissapointed, jumping up, being happy and stuff because in our school assembly they showed us last year's pictures of the people who had their results. I hope they don't come up to me because i'll kick someone.

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know on the 23rd. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't think my school cares about results as much as yours. So far when its been results days (for SATs and stuff) they've done nothing but hand out envelopes. I'm expecting the same from them at GCSE too

ReputationRep:
    i hope no one takes any pics!

ReputationRep:
    They take pictures of the peeps with good results to be shown to the year 10 and 11's at the start of year assembly.

*time to avoid the camera*

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher has a tradition of taking pics with everyone from her classes and she puts them up on a display in her classroom, but thats all i know of, so hopefully there aren't too many cameras

ReputationRep:
    last year i saw no cameras, there weren't many teachers around either.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully no one follows me with cameras

ReputationRep:
    last year they took pictures of a girl sitting on steps looking at her results. it was supposed to give an impression that she's looking at it earnestly but i think she was paid to do that >__>

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, loads of pictures are taken at my school as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Yeah, loads of pictures are taken at my school as well.
    same =|

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know... And this year, we're checking our results online (Edexcel), so I'll never find out... But at the assembly in September, they always put up the names and photos of the people who got all A's and A*s; best part is that they use our school ID photos. The groaning is priceless!

ReputationRep:
    All of my teachers were sunning themselves on a beach somewere.
    Only the misrable unhelful "why the ******* are we here in the hols" admin staff were present!

ReputationRep:
    When i went to collect GCSEs, there was a few teachers there, but no cameras. There was also a huge bowl of sweets i see to remember.

At my college, i saw no teachers just people giving out leaflets for various rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    cameras everywhere at my school!

ReputationRep:
    Our school didn't even bother to let us know about results day... However on the day, our head of year, headteacher and deputy headteacher were there to see how everyone had done. There were a few subject teachers there too including my two Psychology ones (both really nice teachers who take a genuine interest in their pupils, shame one of them has now left ). The deputy headteacher told me how proud I should be of my results and how excellent they are, I avoided the headteacher though because I don't like her and my head of year didn't even ask how I'd done the idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Same. Our school hasnt said anything abt the results day. I dnt even knw what time im supposed to go and collect my results. I just hope they dnt call up at my home. Its more exciting to go to school & collect the results. There u can share ur feelings with other students.

ReputationRep:
    The school forgets to tell us what time it opens to pick up our results, everyone finds off the day before of someone whose parent works there.
    The odd few teachers show up and thats pretty much it.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My results day for Gcses was very calm and relaxed. Tables were distanced quite apart from one another and I went slightly later on in the day because I didnt wanna be with the rush of people who I would feel compared too!
    I cant stand being compared too with things like this , because it makes me feel low.

ReputationRep:
    We were just allowed into reception (which is tiny) where results were handed out and then we had to go back outside to open them.

There were a few teachers there- none of the senior staff like the head or anything was there... also there was no photographer or anything.

However, when I went to get my AS level result from the college it was really different. There was quite a lot of staff and photographers from the paper etc.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.