Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan on studying biomedical science at university and am not sure which university I prefer for my firm. I have not yet applied but I have spoken to the admmission tutors on both courses and they have said they see no reason why I wouldn't be offered a place.
    Kent is higher up the league table in general but also for biological sciences. The only problem is that it is 3+ hours away from home whereas reading is only two! I know I'd get used to the distance but is it something I want to get used to?
    I prefer reading as a city as I have an idea in my Kent that it is quiet and not the typical city university.
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about league tables. Uni is an opportunity to gain independence so I'm not sure why being close to home is important but if it's important to you then that's fine. Pick the more interesting course for you.

ReputationRep:
    Well I would recommend going and looking round Kent the area around the university take a look at the bars clubs and Restrunts Uni's are pubic buildings so why not go and have lunch in the uni get a hotel so you can experience the night life yourself (do this in term time) see how you feel about the city then I would recommend also doing this In Reading *reading has won awards for it's campUs it's very pritty I live in Reading and I can tell you Reading has an a,axing nightlife lot's if bars cubs and restrunts to cater for every niche do you wan't to try Ethiopian food go up to the globe cafe ( or is it the world I can't remember).

I would also recommend going to open days remember also that Leage tables are not everything you need to be happy with the city (this helps lodes).

The last thing I can recommend is to ask Questions on the relvevent sub forums here. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New- Emperor)
    Well I would recommend going and looking round Kent the area around the university take a look at the bars clubs and Restrunts Uni's are pubic buildings so why not go and have lunch in the uni get a hotel so you can experience the night life yourself (do this in term time) see how you feel about the city then I would recommend also doing this In Reading *reading has won awards for it's campUs it's very pritty I live in Reading and I can tell you Reading has an a,axing nightlife lot's if bars cubs and restrunts to cater for every niche do you wan't to try Ethiopian food go up to the globe cafe ( or is it the world I can't remember).

I would also recommend going to open days remember also that Leage tables are not everything you need to be happy with the city (this helps lodes).

The last thing I can recommend is to ask Questions on the relvevent sub forums here. *
    Thank you for your insight! I'm going to revisit them on applicant days so hopefully ill get a better feeling of the two cities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.