Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sick of Being Unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    Poor lifestyle choices are ruining my life. I'm in my late 20s but I honestly feel about twice that age.

I drink alcohol heavily. I usually binge drink about two or three times a week. During these binges I could have around 5 or 6 double vodka and mixers. My smoking is worse during these drinking sessions also, probably chaining off around 20-25 cigarettes in around 3 hours. On top of this...I order pizzas, curries and often order fish and chips for lunch. I don't know if those in the US know about this British delicacy, but it's basically a battered cod and a mountain of chips.

Tasty...not good for you though. I don't exercise and my job mostly involves sitting around an office. When I'm at work I'm a little healthier. I study on a military base at the moment (but not in the military) but even then I start my day with a greasy fry-up. Sizable portions of bacon, egg, sausage and hash browns.

I don't drink as much when I'm at work but at the weekends I resume my crap dietary choices by ordering take-aways. I sup cans of lager and get myself ****-faced on Captain Morgans Spice Rum and a mixer. I've been known to snack in between meal times on crap like pot noodles and crisps as well. I'm getting worried because I've started buying tobacco in bulk, I've supplemented my drinking in nightclubs with a hip flask full of pure vodka and my sleeping pattern is usually poor as well.

Feel pretty much ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    change your unhealthy lifestyle before it is too late friend.

ReputationRep:
    Then change it. I found setting rules (e.g. I only allow myself to drink on certain days and only order takeout on Friday nights) really helps. If I want a drink on another night of the week I mention it to my boyfriend as he's the one who encouraged me to start eating healthier and drinking less. I feel so guilty mentioning it that it's usually enough to make me put the bottle back haha.*

While not as "fun" I certainly feel a lot better in the long-run now than I used to.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Then change it. I found setting rules (e.g. I only allow myself to drink on certain days and only order takeout on Friday nights) really helps. If I want a drink on another night of the week I mention it to my boyfriend as he's the one who encouraged me to start eating healthier and drinking less. I feel so guilty mentioning it that it's usually enough to make me put the bottle back haha.*

While not as "fun" I certainly feel a lot better in the long-run now than I used to.*
    Sometimes I drink, smoke and order a take-away as a kind of reward. I work during the week, so when the weekend comes around I feel entitled to indulge a little. The thing is I get absolutely no joy out of it. Putting all this rubbish into my "Temple" is starting to make me feel like crap. At best, these are temporary highs that pale in comparison to feeling healthy and full of energy.

Maybe I can find some other way to "reward" myself. Or perhaps not need one. Maybe working itself can be it's own reward. I wonder if a person could successfully change their outlook in such a way.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.