Migrant worker loan?

    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,
    so I'm currently 2nd year student at college and I'm about applying to uni.
    I and my family have been living in the UK for a year and my dad for 2 years (so it will be 2 years for me and my family and 3 years for my dad when my university course starts).
    To get maintenance loan I need to live in the UK for 3 years or more from the day when the course start, so I can't apply for this loan, but I found out about migrant worker loan and I'm wondering if I can apply for this? I don't have a part time job but my parents do work (my dad for 3 years and my mum for 1 year), and from what I found out this loan is for migrant workers or family member of migrant workers.
    We are from the EU country so I know I can get student loan, but it would be really helpful if I qualify for this migrant worker loan as well because I want to study in London and living there is so expensive



    You may be eligible to apply as the child of a migrant worker as long as you can provide sufficient evidence.

    To apply as the child of a migrant worker, you would be required to send:
    • Passport or National Identity Card
    • Parent/Step-Parents Passport or National Identity Card (Proof of Nationality)
    • If you are over 21 on the first day of the first academic year of your course you must provide evidence that you have a physical or financial dependency on your parent/step-parent
    • Birth Certificate of the student to show child of biological parent
    • Evidence of parent/step-parents employment such as copy of contract of employment, last 3 months payslips, most recent P60 or most recent Self Assessed Tax return, last 3-6 months invoices with coinciding bank statements, evidence of Class 2 NIC contributions if Self Employed
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.