Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

so I am an electrical and computer engineering student.

I want to do a masters in mathematics (discrete, applied but preferred pure!) in the UK, Netherlands or other countries.

I know that usually universities require a maths or physics degree to be admitted for a master.

Is it possible that some universities could accept me with the precondition of having to do some remedial coursework?

I study in Germany and these are the courses with mathematics:

1. Maths one and two, 20 ECTS credits.

2. Signals and systems 1 and 2: 12 ECTS credits.

3. Data structures und algorithms; 6 ECTS.

4.Databases: 6 ECTS.

5. Signals processing. 6 ECTS.

Number 1 is pure mathematics, the rest have the highest amount of applied math, is this a satisfactory background to:

1. Get admitted with remedial coursework to a pure mathematics degree?

2. if not one, then get admitted to a "discrete mathematics" or "applied math" master?

finally, are there any programmes you could recommend?

thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    bump/

ReputationRep:
    anyone been down this route before?

ReputationRep:
    I have other courses with mathematics too but I dont t know what to do, would hope someone has tome good advice.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysFitin')
    I have other courses with mathematics too but I dont t know what to do, would hope someone has tome good advice.
    Ask in the Postgrad Forum rather than Chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, tanks for the reply, I did but no one replied . Do you know anything? Thanks for the advice
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ask in the Postgrad Forum rather than Chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysFitin')
    hey, tanks for the reply, I did but no one replied . Do you know anything? Thanks for the advice
    Rereading your enquiry, your best answers will come from contacting a few universities to ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.