Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

18 soon and I dont even care AMA

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    Being 18 comes with a lot of priveleges, on the other hand, you're stripped of some.

In life you should measure the years, but rather the moments in those years. Even so, it could be argued that one should be conscious and proactive about aging because it's time you'll never get back. What if you turned 70 the next day? You might think nothing of it now, but you'd wake up, find it difficult to get out of bed, look at your skin and it'd take a while just to get to the toilet, just to notice you had supernaturally aged.

Don't you agree that you should care?

ReputationRep:
    I was the same on my 18th. Everyone was like '18, you can do anything you want' and I was like 'Cool. I'm going back to bed now'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Being 18 comes with a lot of priveleges, on the other hand, you're stripped of some.

In life you should measure the years, but rather the moments in those years. Even so, it could be argued that one should be conscious and proactive about aging because it's time you'll never get back. What if you turned 70 the next day? You might think nothing of it now, but you'd wake up, find it difficult to get out of bed, look at your skin and it'd take a while just to get to the toilet, just to notice you had supernaturally aged.

Don't you agree that you should care?
    Basically, I dont care about celebrating it and everyone else is having big parties and stuff for theirs which I never get invited to anyways. I feel that I have grown up a lot this year (age 17) and the privelages lile buying drinks dont really appeal to me. But I see where you are coming from and I will use my youth so I can have good memories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Basically, I dont care about celebrating it and everyone else is having big parties and stuff for theirs which I never get invited to anyways. I feel that I have grown up a lot this year (age 17) and the privelages lile buying drinks dont really appeal to me. But I see where you are coming from and I will use my youth so I can have good memories
    I like your response and does show that you're matured a bit. I'm pretty much the same. I don't really give a crap about drinking - though I do understand the sentiment and how many people do enjoy it - it's appreciable that it provides people with jobs too - but I would never drink just saying.

I don't get invited to parties as well, then again, I don't interact with a lot of different people much and any "friends" I do make, often drift away.

On the other hand, I think I'm missing out on a lot. I wouldn't think that way if I didn't experience something where I first thought was bad, then realized the social event was actually kind of fun (I'm talking summer school here).

I think you should celebrate your birthday once at least though with people who care about you such as a cousin/other family or a close friend.

Appreciate you using your youth to treasure and create special memories. I think youth isn't all that bad... one of my favourite characters once said something about youth and I'll link it below...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    I like your response and does show that you're matured a bit. I'm pretty much the same. I don't really give a crap about drinking - though I do understand the sentiment and how many people do enjoy it - it's appreciable that it provides people with jobs too - but I would never drink just saying.

I don't get invited to parties as well, then again, I don't interact with a lot of different people much and any "friends" I do make, often drift away.

On the other hand, I think I'm missing out on a lot. I wouldn't think that way if I didn't experience something where I first thought was bad, then realized the social event was actually kind of fun (I'm talking summer school here).

I think you should celebrate your birthday once at least though with people who care about you such as a cousin/other family or a close friend.

Appreciate you using your youth to treasure and create special memories. I think youth isn't all that bad... one of my favourite characters once said something about youth and I'll link it below...

Yeah, I always celebrate with family xD, and like I joined a new 6th form so my friends aren't close and I drifted away from most of my old friends. Will probably do something in half term maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Yeah, I always celebrate with family xD, and like I joined a new 6th form so my friends aren't close and I drifted away from most of my old friends. Will probably do something in half term maybe
    Happy to know you celebrate with family

On another note, RYAN HIGA RELEASED A NEW VIDEO!!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.