Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone studying criminology at Birmingham city university help?! Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at studying criminology at bcu and need help! Anyone currently or due to study there please inbox me or give me a reply! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study Criminology at BCU starting 2017! What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollyewenx)
    I'm looking at studying criminology at bcu and need help! Anyone currently or due to study there please inbox me or give me a reply! Thank you
    I'm hoping to study it next year. What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocciemilkshake)
    I'm hoping to study Criminology at BCU starting 2017! What do you need help with?
    Have you sent off your personal statement yet? If so have you gotten a response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletBlueGreen)
    Have you sent off your personal statement yet? If so have you gotten a response?
    Not yet, aiming to get it sent off within the next month, just waiting for references. Have you sent yours yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocciemilkshake)
    Not yet, aiming to get it sent off within the next month, just waiting for references. Have you sent yours yet?
    Not yet, I've done a couple of drafts but I don't know how to make a good opening paragraph or a good closing paragraph. Have you done any additional research into your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I study criminology, im in my second year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsyCrim)
    Hey, I study criminology, im in my second year!
    What's the course like? Have you visited Grendon prison yet? Is the coursework difficult? Sorry for the questions I just want to know what its like from someone studying the course.

ReputationRep:
    The course is actually really interesting i do a dual honours so its psy with crim! But its practically the same, i dont know which prison it was but i know they do visits to quite a lot, the coursework is not difficult at all both coursework and exams are really easy! Especially first year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsyCrim)
    The course is actually really interesting i do a dual honours so its psy with crim! But its practically the same, i dont know which prison it was but i know they do visits to quite a lot, the coursework is not difficult at all both coursework and exams are really easy! Especially first year!
    I'm hoping to study it with sociology. How much help do you get with the coursework and exam prep? BCU is a fairly big university especially compared to newman where I know you get loads of help and support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletBlueGreen)
    I'm hoping to study it with sociology. How much help do you get with the coursework and exam prep? BCU is a fairly big university especially compared to newman where I know you get loads of help and support.
    Ohhhh okay you get a huge amount of support! Assessments are very clearly outlined and they literally help you every step of the way! Bcu are known to be good in that aspect, also the lecturers at bcu are pretty good; for example adam lynes and david wilson

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.