Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Extra cleavage?

More like 4 boobs in my experience

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 34C and I wouldn't want mine any bigger than that otherwise I'd have to go up a size in tops. I'm usually an 8 but sometimes a 10...when I have to get a 10 the top is saggy in other places then lol. Boobs are such a pain...would HATE to be flat-chested though, my sis is flat as a pancake and some clothes look like nothing on her, she hates it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    to get extra cleavage, I reckon

I'd get a wonderbra, puppy. That way tou get the cleavage/boost and wear the right size

I squeeze into one for the same reason people don't buy their real clothes size, because they don't like the thought of buying a size that they don't want to be as big as.

I don't want clevage, I want my boobs to go away. I'm thinking about just wearing a sports bra all the time or something to squash them down. They just look so gross in clothes and stuff, things hang much better if you're flatter IMO. I think clevage looks really hideous but low cut tops make me look slimmer so I'm not sure what to do really. I guess losing weight would help.

ReputationRep:
    Most styles hang worse on the human frame if you are flatter imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    Most styles hang worse on the human frame if you are flatter imo
    I think it depends- my mum is jealous of me cos I suit V necks much better than her cos I fill them better (she's an A/B but I'm a 34D), but I really don't suit high necked things like polo necks.

I like having ample boobs- it moves attention away from my less-than-lovely legs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    I think it depends- my mum is jealous of me cos I suit V necks much better than her cos I fill them better (she's an A/B but I'm a 34D), but I really don't suit high necked things like polo necks.

I like having ample boobs- it moves attention away from my less-than-lovely legs!
    That's why I said most styles

There are some things my 32DDs couldn't go near:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinabean)
    How to find your bra size? Well, to get the band size, measure your underbust (be sure to keep the tape measure flat, and pull it fairly tight - not so that it digs in, though). Don't add 4 or 5 or any such nonsense! I've been recommended to add nothing - so my measurement of 30 inches should be a 30 back. I tried 32 first, and though it's a world of difference, I'm sure I can go tighter, so 30 is the next step. But if you're wearing a way too loose bra, it may be too much at first, so add 1, 2 or 3. I'm a size 12/14 and I actually have the same ribcage measurement as my 8/10 sister, so it's not too dependent on size. However, I refuse to believe there are size 10s out there with a 34 or 36 inch underbust! Some people will want to add 2 or 3 because they're sensitive there, but I think it's 1 or 2 for most, if anything.
    See, this is the bit I don't believe. My underbust measurement is 28inches, and I wear a 32D (i'm a size 8/10 top). There is no way I would fit in a 30 back, let alone a 28!

ReputationRep:
    ok. so i need some help. i'm SURE i don't wear the right size, maybe someone here can fill me in a bit...

i wear 36D at the moment, but the bra just doesn't feel right. i don't feel supported at all. i don't know if it's too big/small :-/ sometimes, the front bit of the bra (the part which touches the breast bone) slides DOWN. i have to rearrange my breasts and move the bra back up. does this mean the band size is wrong? too big/small? or the cup size?

it's really annoying because my actual breasts never feel supported or anything. i'm CONSTANTLY having to put my hand down my top to rearrange lol.

should i try 34dd you think or 36c or something completely different argh?!

edit: i'm 32" back, i did the whole adding 4 inches thing. doesn't seem to have worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_f_x)
    See, this is the bit I don't believe. My underbust measurement is 28inches, and I wear a 32D (i'm a size 8/10 top). There is no way I would fit in a 30 back, let alone a 28!
    What do you mean, 'believe'? I said some people need to add some. Plus, are you wearing the right cup size? This may seem obvious, but I tend to miss those things before I sit down and think about it: it changes all the positioning weirdly so your boobs could be in a different place to where the bra wants them to be.

I'm not lying or something, as that's what your post seems to imply you think I fit a 30 back fine and I'm a size 12/14 (well, sort of - I have 14/16 bust and hips and a size 10 waist. :P) I find it very strange that you really are a 32D, but I suppose it's possible. You must be very bony or sensitive there, or maybe the brand you wear runs tight in the back, or both. Also, have you tried a 30 back? One thing I've learnt through all this is never say never! :P

ReputationRep:
    The size doesnt really matter. What matter is the inside.

ReputationRep:
    but if i dont add anything to the band size then im a 26 - thats not right surely (i wear 30G at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean, 'believe'? I said some people need to add some. Plus, are you wearing the right cup size? This may seem obvious, but I tend to miss those things before I sit down and think about it: it changes all the positioning weirdly so your boobs could be in a different place to where the bra wants them to be.
    Personally, I wouldn't be able to squeeze into anything under a 32 band size, yet I'm an 8-10 top. Cup size is NOT going to make a difference to whether or not the band is big enough to stretch around your ribcage, and I would assume that this is what x_f_x was implying.

I'm not lying or something, as that's what your post seems to imply you think I fit a 30 back fine and I'm a size 12/14 (well, sort of - I have 14/16 bust and hips and a size 10 waist. :P) I find it very strange that you really are a 32D, but I suppose it's possible. You must be very bony or sensitive there, or maybe the brand you wear runs tight in the back, or both. Also, have you tried a 30 back? One thing I've learnt through all this is never say never! :P
    Calm down :rolleyes: As you should have realised by reading this thread, there are many girls who seem to fit into certain top sizes regardless of what people should be logical.... It all depends on the individual's shape, not just the size that they wear.

I'm a size ten and a 34E, well last I checked anyways...

I think they're a bit too big really but while they're still perky, i'm happy. When they start to go i'm straight down to harvey medical, ahaw haw... i'm not going to age gracefully! I refuse :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timeslikethese)
    I'm a size ten and a 34E, well last I checked anyways...

I think they're a bit too big really but while they're still perky, i'm happy. When they start to go i'm straight down to harvey medical, ahaw haw... i'm not going to age gracefully! I refuse :hmmm:
    I'm a 34C and a stock size 12.

I agree! About not growing old gracefully that is

Don't pass the pencil test?

Breast surgery here I come:cool:

Actually....... according to ASOS I'm a size 8, which is bizarre, I really wish that clothing companies would standardize their sizes, Next for example are very ungenerous, GAP are over generous:confused:

(Original post by Connemara)
    I'm a 34C and a stock size 12.

I agree! About not growing old gracefully that is

Don't pass the pencil test?

Breast surgery here I come:cool:

Actually....... according to ASOS I'm a size 8, which is bizarre, I really wish that clothing companies would standardize their sizes, Next for example are very ungenerous, GAP are over generous:confused:
    Ahahah, the pencil test! I SO pass that test :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    Personally, I wouldn't be able to squeeze into anything under a 32 band size, yet I'm an 8-10 top. Cup size is NOT going to make a difference to whether or not the band is big enough to stretch around your ribcage, and I would assume that this is what x_f_x was implying.

Calm down :rolleyes: As you should have realised by reading this thread, there are many girls who seem to fit into certain top sizes regardless of what people should be logical.... It all depends on the individual's shape, not just the size that they wear.
    You haven't really contradicted me so far. My 8/10 sister has the same rib circumference as I do (30 inches). Therefore, she should be wearing either a 30 or 32 back. I've said some people do need to add something, just not as much as some imagine, so her or you being a 32 is still completely going with what I said. Cup size does make a difference, because I can't fit a 30E around me properly, but I can a larger cup size. That's not even to do with the cups fitting properly at that stage.

I know full well people are shaped differently - in fact I even made examples that back up what you're saying. I don't know why you think you're saying something I've not already, let alone disagreeing with me.

As you should have realised by reading this thread, most women are wearing the wrong size bra. *shrug* And if you'd read anything I've said, you'd know fitting into something isn't the same as fitting it.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't really contradicted me so far.
    Why would I want to do that?

My 8/10 sister has the same rib circumference as I do (30 inches). Therefore, she should be wearing either a 30 or 32 back. I've said some people do need to add something, just not as much as some imagine, so her or you being a 32 is still completely going with what I said.

Cup size does make a difference, because I can't fit a 30E around me properly, but I can a larger cup size. That's not even to do with the cups fitting properly at that stage.
    Not necessarily. There are always going to be band sizes that are completely unsuitable for an individual, even when cup size is taken into account.

And if you'd read anything I've said, you'd know fitting into something isn't the same as fitting it.
    I know perfectly well that fitting into something isn't the same as fitting it. As an example, I can "fit" into a 34A, but it provides absolutely no support and only spins around my ribcage all day.
    If I didn't add anything to my band measurement, then I'd probably end up as a 28 or 30-something, but a 28/30 simply will not go around me at all, so it's easy enough to see why x_f_x can't believe that you shouldn't add anything at all. On the other hand, I know of people who get a better fit if they don't add anything at all, and they find it strange that I can't fit into anything smaller than a 32.
    To be honest, the only way to fit a bra properly is to grab a handful of different sizes and try each one on until a good fit is achieved. This means trying on random sizes for each brand and style, so really there's no need to even get a tape measure out. Ever.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My rib circumference is 27" and I wear a 32B very comfortably. Anything smaller would be too tight. I even get slight red marks, which is supposed to mean the band is too small. I even tried on some 34 bras today, and the band was fine on me.

If this "don't add anything" theory is true, then I'd be a 27E. I don't believe it for a second...

ReputationRep:

I didn't mean to accuse you of lying at all, so maybe "believe" was the wrong choice of word. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Why would I want to do that?
    God knows. Well, more accurately, you do, because you seem intent on it.

Not necessarily. There are always going to be band sizes that are completely unsuitable for an individual, even when cup size is taken into account.
    What? Why do you keep doing this? Why do you phrase things as if you are disagreeing with a statement I've made, when I've either made the statement you're about to make or I've never commented on whatever it is you're talking about? I wouldn't fit a 28 back, for example. Of course some back sizes won't work! All I said was that the cup size can change it, because you said it could never change it.

I know perfectly well that fitting into something isn't the same as fitting it. As an example, I can "fit" into a 34A, but it provides absolutely no support and only spins around my ribcage all day.
    Fair enough. I'm sorry I assumed that.

If I didn't add anything to my band measurement, then I'd probably end up as a 28 or 30-something, but a 28/30 simply will not go around me at all, so it's easy enough to see why x_f_x can't believe that you shouldn't add anything at all. On the other hand, I know of people who get a better fit if they don't add anything at all, and they find it strange that I can't fit into anything smaller than a 32.
    I'm not doubting your own experience. It's possible that the bra line(s) you tried run small, or that the cup size was wrong, but obviously it's possible that your boobs are positioned in such a way that you need a bigger back size. It's much more likely that you (general you) need to not add anything than that you'll need to add more than 3, though. However, in my first post I did say that some people are shaped differently or are very bony or sensitive. To need to add so much, I'm guessing it's at least 2 of those (then again, boniness could be what creates sensitivity anyway )

To be honest, the only way to fit a bra properly is to grab a handful of different sizes and try each one on until a good fit is achieved. This means trying on random sizes for each brand and style, so really there's no need to even get a tape measure out. Ever.
    Of course there is. You need to know where to start, unless you have hours to spend, and most don't. It's quite hard to just look at bras hung up and know if they'll come close to fitting. :/ But I would never disagree with how a bra fitted me based on what I'd measured myself to be, and the same for your stories of not adding anything to the back measurement. I'd find it odd, but that's all.

You are right that that's the only infallible approach to bra-fitting, though.

(Original post by no hero in her sky)
    My rib circumference is 27" and I wear a 32B very comfortably. Anything smaller would be too tight. I even get slight red marks, which is supposed to mean the band is too small. I even tried on some 34 bras today, and the band was fine on me.
    If it's not too personal a question, what is your bust measurement? I'm beginning to feel there ought to be a new 'rule' for finding the back sizes of people with very small ribcages. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, but do the cups fit right? Also: well-fitting bras can and sometimes do leave slight marks. Bruises and really angry-looking marks is another story, obviously, but it's not uncommon for a new bra to leave marks for a while, especially if you've never worn that size before. I originally got slight marks with a 32 back, but I fit a 30 better in everything I've tried.

(Original post by no hero in her sky)
    If this "don't add anything" theory is true, then I'd be a 27E. I don't believe it for a second...
    Firstly, no you wouldn't: you'd be a 28D. :P Secondly, why not? I don't understand why you find it so shocking? Unless I misread the rest of your post, and you're getting marks with the 32, it's very much conceivable that you're a 28D or 30C. Even with marks with the 32, you could be a 30. It's not completely strange for you to be a 32B, it just strikes me as a bit odd. But it's definitely possible. I don't not believe you, I'm just curious and trying to work out what it is that separates the add-somethings from the add-nothings :/

(Original post by x_f_x)
    I didn't mean to accuse you of lying at all, so maybe "believe" was the wrong choice of word. Sorry
    Ok, and I'm sorry I misread your post.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.