Putting "Piano Teacher" in UCAS Employment Section?

Watch this thread
hogree
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Title kinda says it all, really.

I teach five students the piano, I do get cash from it, it's a little part-time thing. Wondering whether people would think it would be a good thing to put on my UCAS Form Employment Section? I mentioned it in my Statement, but it would make it more obvious if I put it in my employment section.

Any opinions - do you think I should? Not sure whether it really counts as employment - I guess it is part-time though.

Cheers.
miless090
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hogree)
Title kinda says it all, really.

I teach five students the piano, I do get cash from it, it's a little part-time thing. Wondering whether people would think it would be a good thing to put on my UCAS Form Employment Section? I mentioned it in my Statement, but it would make it more obvious if I put it in my employment section.

Any opinions - do you think I should? Not sure whether it really counts as employment - I guess it is part-time though.

Cheers.
On the Employment section of the UCAS application it uses the phrase "paid work experience" so I would put it on there, but others may think differently.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It doesn't really matter if you include it because unis only really care about that section with mature applicants. However, as long as you got paid you can include it.
fefssdf
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
nobody cares about that section unless you have very limited qualifications
Senseireynolds
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
what are you qualifications to teach the piano ?
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I would say go for it. Some universities might not be so interested, but others might, and considering it isn't going to detract from your application you might as well. It demonstrates your ability as an entrepreneur, a teacher, a student, your ability to present yourself professionally etc. It can be a real boost to an application and might give you a competitive advantage. It also won't take you too long to add to your application, can be a talking point for your interview, and presents you as a well-rounded person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (135)
66.5%
No (46)
22.66%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.84%

Watched Threads