Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you use fountain pens? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And have you ever used one in an exam or is it risky (shking arms,wobblytable)? I havent used one in 6 years, and i am.inspired to go out and get one especially as my.handwriting is bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    And have you ever used one in an exam or is it risky (shking arms,wobblytable)? I havent used one in 6 years, and i am.inspired to go out and get one especially as my.handwriting is bad.

Never used one in an exam.

I have got one which sucks ink rather than the ones that has the ink cartridges.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They were banned in my school because people kept flicking ink at walls and other pupils.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I use one, I love it so much. my handwriting is like 100x better

ReputationRep:
    Pah! If I ever used one I'd have black blood trailing down my legs. If you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    I use one and I'm left handed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Traditionally, you take off the lid and lower the pen to paper and then kinda just write.

I joke.

I used a fountain pen in my exam because it improves my handwriting.

Just dont use it in an exam. If you touch it while its still wet it'll smudge, it also semi- leaks through the other side of the paper so it looks kinda messy - I learnt the hard way lol

ReputationRep:
    yh in yr 6 bc i thought i was cool.. lmao, i always used to get ink on my hands

ReputationRep:
    I like it for when I do calligraphy. Its only annoying when the ink runs out so quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I have a fountain pen but only use it occasionally (I should use it more it cost almost £600) for stuff where it counts
    but most of the time I just go for the rollerball as it's quicker and cleaner

ReputationRep:
    no i just use regular pens

ReputationRep:
    I used to use fountain pens some time ago. I can't remember if the last time I used them was Year 11 or my first year of college.

At least a couple of them are lying around somewhere. They use ink cartridges (mine are black cartridges from Sainsbury's), not the ink refill thing that looks messy. I don't remember how much they cost because:
    1. I bought them from a books and stationery shop in Pakistan at least 2 years ago (probably more).
    2. The price is in Pakistani Rupees (PKR). I'm very sure the cost of one fountain pen was less than the PKR equivalent of £5...

I stopped using them because I used to get ink on my hands and changing cartridges could be tricky and messy. I'd love to try them again, though. Maybe I wasn't using them right.
    Could someone please tell me if there's a certain way that a fountain pen should be used?

I used to,in yr 6,use Parker fountain pens.It looked like this :

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They did make my handwriting neater, but with the curse of the left handed smudge i stopped using them as much.

ReputationRep:
    I used to use one years ago but stopped using them when went college and never used one since although I would like to use one again but with everything now a days being done on computer it don't really make sense getting one now

ReputationRep:
    When I'm feeling positively Dickensian, sure, why not? :haughty:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am incapable of using them as i get ink EVERYWHERE. A scruff like me should only stick to biros and ball point pens for the safety of humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Used them a long time ago but not anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yep love them.

Hate ballpoints.

Use them sometimes, but normally I use a reugular biro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.