Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you use fountain pens?

ReputationRep:
    And have you ever used one in an exam or is it risky (shking arms,wobblytable)? I havent used one in 6 years, and i am.inspired to go out and get one especially as my.handwriting is bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    And have you ever used one in an exam or is it risky (shking arms,wobblytable)? I havent used one in 6 years, and i am.inspired to go out and get one especially as my.handwriting is bad.

Never used one in an exam.

I have got one which sucks ink rather than the ones that has the ink cartridges.

ReputationRep:
    They were banned in my school because people kept flicking ink at walls and other pupils.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I use one, I love it so much. my handwriting is like 100x better

ReputationRep:
    Pah! If I ever used one I'd have black blood trailing down my legs. If you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    I use one and I'm left handed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Traditionally, you take off the lid and lower the pen to paper and then kinda just write.

I joke.

I used a fountain pen in my exam because it improves my handwriting.

Just dont use it in an exam. If you touch it while its still wet it'll smudge, it also semi- leaks through the other side of the paper so it looks kinda messy - I learnt the hard way lol

ReputationRep:
    yh in yr 6 bc i thought i was cool.. lmao, i always used to get ink on my hands

ReputationRep:
    I like it for when I do calligraphy. Its only annoying when the ink runs out so quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I have a fountain pen but only use it occasionally (I should use it more it cost almost £600) for stuff where it counts
    but most of the time I just go for the rollerball as it's quicker and cleaner

ReputationRep:
    no i just use regular pens

ReputationRep:
    I used to use fountain pens some time ago. I can't remember if the last time I used them was Year 11 or my first year of college.

At least a couple of them are lying around somewhere. They use ink cartridges (mine are black cartridges from Sainsbury's), not the ink refill thing that looks messy. I don't remember how much they cost because:
    1. I bought them from a books and stationery shop in Pakistan at least 2 years ago (probably more).
    2. The price is in Pakistani Rupees (PKR). I'm very sure the cost of one fountain pen was less than the PKR equivalent of £5...

I stopped using them because I used to get ink on my hands and changing cartridges could be tricky and messy. I'd love to try them again, though. Maybe I wasn't using them right.
    Could someone please tell me if there's a certain way that a fountain pen should be used?

ReputationRep:
    I used to,in yr 6,use Parker fountain pens.It looked like this :

ReputationRep:
    They did make my handwriting neater, but with the curse of the left handed smudge i stopped using them as much.

ReputationRep:
    I used to use one years ago but stopped using them when went college and never used one since although I would like to use one again but with everything now a days being done on computer it don't really make sense getting one now

ReputationRep:
    When I'm feeling positively Dickensian, sure, why not? :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    I am incapable of using them as i get ink EVERYWHERE. A scruff like me should only stick to biros and ball point pens for the safety of humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Used them a long time ago but not anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yep love them.

Hate ballpoints.

Use them sometimes, but normally I use a reugular biro

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.