Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I've just reduced my student credit limit by £160 AMA

ReputationRep:
    The bank recommended that i start cutting my overdraft down, because they said i need to eliminate it altogether by a year after graduating (next june). But then yesterday after i had asked them to reduce the limit, they told me that i can keep this limit for another year from that point, only with standard interest rates applied. So it looks like i have made a big mistake, seeing as it is actually good to have large credit limits, as long as you don't go crazy on them!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    The bank recommended that i start cutting my overdraft down, because they said i need to eliminate it altogether by a year after graduating (next june). But then yesterday after i had asked them to reduce the limit, they told me that i can keep this limit for another year from that point, only with standard interest rates applied. So it looks like i have made a big mistake, seeing as it is actually good to have large credit limits, as long as you don't go crazy on them!??
    You should aim to get out of your overdraft as soon as possible. The borrowing facility is useful as a student but as a working graduate, do you really want to be paying additional interest for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    You should aim to get out of your overdraft as soon as possible. The borrowing facility is useful as a student but as a working graduate, do you really want to be paying additional interest for no reason?
    i'm not working though hez. my new voluntary job starts next week, but it isn't going to be paying me any money. I rely on my overdraft as a means to live. The fact that i reduced the limit from 2000 to 1860 seemed like a good idea at the time, but the more i think about it, the more i feel like i have shot myself in the foot. At least in January one of my credit card limits should be reviewed, and hopefully extended, everything else being well??

ReputationRep:
    Was the Voynich Manuscript an ancient artifact created by those who came before and of what significance is it to the Assassin/Templar conflict?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Was the Voynich Manuscript an ancient artifact created by those who came before and of what significance is it to the Assassin/Templar conflict?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i don't know sorry. Because i am playing the game of thrones video games, they have different families and clans, so it is like a totally different story i am sorry!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.