Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

What are the chances of getting into LSE for Law

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying in 2017. I'm from Pakistan and completing my A levels. at O levels I had 5A*s 4As and a B, at AS I had 4As and predicted grades of 3A*s. Should I go for lse? and any other unis you might recommend? Also what would you say if I tried for Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for LSE and Oxford! The worst they can say is no! Just make sure you have some good work exp to show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy180998)
    Definitely go for LSE and Oxford! The worst they can say is no! Just make sure you have some good work exp to show
    yes but the thing is resources here restrict us from interning here in the legal field, though i have some partial work experience and lots of social service experience

ReputationRep:
    Legal work experience is not at all important! It's rubbish advice that it is somehow necessary for a law application to the top universities.

Concentrate on talking about why you love the academic study of the law. Read some law textbooks and talk about some of the concepts and ideas discussed there. Your application will be stronger for it.

ReputationRep:
    is there any service you would recommend to check my personal statement for me to asses its content?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salman53101)
    is there any service you would recommend to check my personal statement for me to asses its content?
    The Personal Statement review service on TSR is quite good.

Other than that, don't bother wasting your money on some of the online services that offer to 'fix' up your PS for you, they're usually total shams.

Read some of the Law PSes in the TSR Library:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nts_by_subject

Read the personal statement guide:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...nt-in-10-steps

Beyond that, just ask some of the more experienced TSR members who post in the Law forums usually, they will likely be happy to help you.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.