Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Trump's comments change nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    So he made lewd comments about girls. Most guys have at some point. Also, I find it funny how the "sex positive", 50 shades reading, Sex and the City watching hard lefties are suddenly so offended. What a joke.

Small time conman Trump still a better option than Crooked Hillary.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it changed nothing - he was going to lose even before the tape came out.

I've always said there are three reasons people vote for Trump.

1. It's a product of their white immigrant hate syndrome - blaming the pathetic lack of success in their lives on immigrants or even the politicians that allowed all these immigrants in.

2. They want lower taxes. They REALLY REALLY want that extra 5-10%for themselves. They don't want to share it that badly that they will vote for Someone that could potentially cost them the other 90-95%.

3. Or it's just the nuclear option. My life is **** so let me use the only power I have to make life potentially difficult for the other people in the country. That way we are all ****ed instead of just me.

That's it. Three reasons, there are no other reasons lol. Anyone can see Trump is a business failure, a con man. He's racist, sexist and quite pathetic. He's totally incapable and unsuitable to be a president. He's totally untrustworthy. He changes his stance on things almost immediately. Anything he promises you, he will not deliver.

ANYONE with an IQ more than 60 could see that.

All this crooked Hilary ******** is nonsense created by Fox News. No one actually looks at the facts lol

Anyway - which of the three reasons are you?

ReputationRep:
    I've said so much worse than what Trump and probably do among friends at least twice weekly.

ReputationRep:
    You're absolutely right. We already knew he was a creepy, misogynistic scoundrel.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    "Still better than Hillary" ok then!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That other people have said similar doesn't mean it's ok. Other people are murderers. Is that now ok?

And it's not the point that he said it, it's the point that he directly implied he did it.

ReputationRep:
    I've said way worse stuff about women than trump lol, it's just bant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    That other people have said similar doesn't mean it's ok. Other people are murderers. Is that now ok?

And it's not the point that he said it, it's the point that he directly implied he did it.
    And then straight afterwards he does all that creepy **** with the actress

It's an absolutely wonderful clip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    I've said way worse stuff about women than trump lol, it's just bant
    (Original post by memeworksrevenge)
    I've said so much worse than what Trump and probably do among friends at least twice weekly.
    Obviously - but you guys are nobodies. You're not trying to become the president of the USA lol

There are different standards.

Also it's nothing to be proud of that you both frequently describe sexually assaulting girls in your banter lol it's rather pathetic.

I would say "she was so fit, I banged her" in my bants but what he said and what you claimed you say MUCH WORSE than is "I grabbed her pussy against her will and did so cos im the boss".

I mean that's just disgusting lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DownloadKing)
    Obviously - but you guys are nobodies. You're not trying to become the president of the USA lol

There are different standards.

Also it's nothing to be proud of that you frequently describe sexually assaulting girls in your banter lol it's rather pathetic.
    He didn't imply he was assaulting them though did he

ReputationRep:
    He didn't imply he was assaulting them though did he
    He said "you just grab them by the pussy. [because you're famous] you can do anything"

ReputationRep:
    Sadly it makes him seem quite normal.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he was just being a "typical bloke", but the reality is, even though this was said five years ago, when you are running for high office what you have said or done in the past IS going to be scrutinised,and rightly so. I'm surprised the Republican Party hierarchy didn't do a more thorough background check of Trump to sift out all the skeletons in his closet long ago. A year ago I thought he was the hard line, take no **** from anyone guy that the US and the world needed. But over the last few weeks and months as more things have happened or emerged I have changed my opinion. I never had anything against Hillary anyway. She is obviously a highly intelligent, highly experienced individual. The Republican Party I feel, if it wants to win should get rid of Trump and make Pence the Presidential candidate. I know nothing about Pence, but I guess that's why he ,at this stage, would be a more suitable candidate than Trump. Trump is toxic. If he DID become President I could not envisage him lasting too long in the job. Either some scandal or other would force him to resign, or the real powers that be in Washington would get rid of him. Or someone would get rid of him literally.

ReputationRep:
    He said "you just grab them by the pussy. [because you're famous] you can do anything"
    If women are attracted to you, they will let you do crazy stuff to them, he doesn't literally mean shove your hands down random girl's knickers.

ReputationRep:
    Trump's trying to sell the image of the conservative, religious, family man.

The comments have, at the very least, damaged that image if not fatally wounded it. He apologised and some people will forgive him for it but many won't.

EDIT: I think if he said those things as a 20 year old, people would be more forgiving. I'd think it was nothing. But he didn't, he was an old man talking like a truck driver.

Not that those comments were what's wrong with him. His protectionist, foreign-mongering, corporatist (whilst at the same time allegedly being pro-free-market), machoist ******** are what's wrong with him, not those comments.

ReputationRep:
    If women are attracted to you, they will let you do crazy stuff to them, he doesn't literally mean shove your hands down random girl's knickers.
    He was also married and speaking about a married woman. He's definitely going to lose the devout Christian vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes it changed nothing - he was going to lose even before the tape came out.

I've always said there are three reasons people vote for Trump.

1. It's a product of their white immigrant hate syndrome - blaming the pathetic lack of success in their lives on immigrants or even the politicians that allowed all these immigrants in.

2. They want lower taxes. They REALLY REALLY want that extra 5-10%for themselves. They don't want to share it that badly that they will vote for Someone that could potentially cost them the other 90-95%.

3. Or it's just the nuclear option. My life is **** so let me use the only power I have to make life potentially difficult for the other people in the country. That way we are all ****ed instead of just me.

That's it. Three reasons, there are no other reasons lol. Anyone can see Trump is a business failure, a con man. He's racist, sexist and quite pathetic. He's totally incapable and unsuitable to be a president. He's totally untrustworthy. He changes his stance on things almost immediately. Anything he promises you, he will not deliver.

ANYONE with an IQ more than 60 could see that.

All this crooked Hilary ******** is nonsense created by Fox News. No one actually looks at the facts lol

Anyway - which of the three reasons are you?
    I think it's more an extreme pettiness- "anyone but Hillary!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course it doesn't change anything. It's hardly like Trump's supporters care what he says or does anyway, they would vote for him no matter what.

Whats the point in trying to defend his comments though? Even Trump himself knows they are indefensible, hence his apology. When has he ever apologised for something he said in the past?

It makes you look like an idiot trying to pass of his comments as "banter".

ReputationRep:
    at least we have been spared a The Donald Sex Video.... so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    He was also married and speaking about a married woman. He's definitely going to lose the devout Christian vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He spoke about hitting on a woman in the past while he was married, that's not the same as trying to get a woman into bed actually while you are married.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.