Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    When i start uni I am planning to advertise my services as a foreign language tutor to GCSE level or younger students outside of school hours in order to earn some extra cash. (I will be studying French and German at degree level) Firstly, I need somebody who knows their stuff about legal things...am i simply able to advertise, either in a newpaper or shop window without telling the government or am i supposed to tell them as it will be like a part-time job?
    Secondly, Is it possible for me to get a police check thing done to prove that I am safe to work with children as i feel this would ease worries of some parents who might have concerns about their child's safety as i would be like a stranger to them, or do you think that this would not be necessary?
    any advice from people who have done this; know about law and stuff; or are a parent who would like to share their views about my plans, is greatly welcomed.
    Thank you.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2007
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.