Could I get an offer?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on how you can explain your predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CS John)
    My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer of an ABB-AAB course despite my actual grades?
    It would depend on the course you're applying for and the subjects you're doing your A-Levels in I would recommend talking to the Admissions Tutor for the course you're interested in - you'll be able to find their contact details on the course page! They'll be able to give you more information.

Many thanks,

Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of York)
    It would depend on the course you're applying for and the subjects you're doing your A-Levels in I would recommend talking to the Admissions Tutor for the course you're interested in - you'll be able to find their contact details on the course page! They'll be able to give you more information.

Many thanks,

Katie
    I'm Predicted an A for OCR Computer Science, A for geography and B for Maths and A for EPQ. I want to do the BEng Computer Science course, I think it requires AAB-ABB

Am failing to see why he cant be considered for an offer based on the predicted grades? Its quite common for preciteds to be one grade up from AS. Just talk to them and see if it will rule you out of consideration.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Predicted an A for OCR Computer Science, A for geography and B for Maths and A for EPQ. I want to do the BEng Computer Science course, I think it requires AAB-ABB
    With your predicted grades, it seems likely that you would be made an offer for York However, it also depends on a few other things such as the quality of your personal statement and references. If you're recommended for an offer, you can attend an optional interview, which may lower your offer by one A-Level grade.

You can always email the Admissions Tutor for Computer Science on [email protected] to find out more information.
    Katie

ReputationRep:
    My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer of an ABB-AAB course despite my actual grades?
    I would say you probably will. I got ABBD in AS and dropped the A so technically I had BBD but I was predicted AAB. I applied to York and got an offer 2 days later and they're asking for AAB! So yes I think it's definitely possible they'll give you an offer based on your predicted grades

Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.