The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my Durham offer! That is all 5 now :smile:
Original post by ///curious
Got an offer from Durham this morning :biggrin:

When did you apply?
I applied on the 14th October but only did my LNAT in December and I regret doing it late :c
Also CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!
Original post by ob-hockey
I did too! Which college did you choose?

Congrats! I picked St Chad's. How about you?

Original post by Hxaler
When did you apply?
I applied on the 14th October but only did my LNAT in December and I regret doing it late :c
Also CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!

Thank you! I applied the 20th of October I think because I switched a choice for Durham and did my LNAT on the 29th September. Good luck, you should hear soon :smile:
Congrats! I picked St Chad's. How about you?

Thank you! I applied the 20th of October I think because I switched a choice for Durham and did my LNAT on the 29th September. Good luck, you should hear soon :smile:

You too! I picked St Chads too!!
Original post by ob-hockey
You too! I picked St Chads too!!

Aha how weird. When do you think we'll hear about college allocation?
Aha how weird. When do you think we'll hear about college allocation?

Durham stated the following on their website under undergraduate applicants: "College allocations begin in February for those applicants who have received an academic offer through UCAS."

c:

Here is the link; https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/study/apply/process/
Original post by AlmightySo
Hey i applied for course. I was wondering how much of an emphasis did you put on the philosophy and politics aspects of the course in your personal statement. Did you mention them, or is your personal statement solely focused on law? Im getting quite worried because i rarely mentioned the other 2 subjects in my ps

Hi there - I didn't opt for KCL's PPL' course at the end, but did email the admission office earlier in the year with similar concerns, and their response was they do understand that other universities may not be offering law, politics, philosophy as a combined course, and said it was fine for the personal statement to be "tailored towards law"

Hope that helps and best of luck:wink:
Received LSE's stage two email this morning :rolleyes:

Still waiting on KCL, UCL and Durham
Original post by EdwardArBrown
Received LSE's stage two email this morning :rolleyes:

Still waiting on KCL, UCL and Durham

Literally applied to the same universities as you!!
Still waiting for KCL, UCL, and Durham too cause I only did my LNAT in December even though I applied in October :[[
Original post by Hxaler
Literally applied to the same universities as you!!
Still waiting for KCL, UCL, and Durham too cause I only did my LNAT in December even though I applied in October :[[

Did you apply to LSE too then? I submitted my app December 22nd and did the LNAT about a week before. We should get LNAT results in the next couple of weeks!
Original post by EdwardArBrown
Did you apply to LSE too then? I submitted my app December 22nd and did the LNAT about a week before. We should get LNAT results in the next couple of weeks!

Yup I did! Today marks my second week of the 4 weeks email update (further consideration) xD

And yeah our LNAT results will be released in early February ;-;
Received an offer from LSE for Law!!
Original post by RJ29
LSE straight Law?

I've recieved one! Have you? :smile:
Original post by Hxaler
Yup I did! Today marks my second week of the 4 weeks email update (further consideration) xD

And yeah our LNAT results will be released in early February ;-;

Last year the LNAT results came out the 28th of January so they could be the same time this year maybe?
Last year the LNAT results came out the 28th of January so they could be the same time this year maybe?

The LNAT website states early February and I quote: "Candidates taking the LNAT on or before 20 January 2017 will receive their results in early February 2017."
Does anybody know when King's will begin to give offers out? Or recall when they gave them out last year?
Original post by Hxaler
The LNAT website states early February and I quote: "Candidates taking the LNAT on or before 20 January 2017 will receive their results in early February 2017."

Yeah it said the same last year but people still got them on the 28th.
Original post by Hasanalm
Received an offer from LSE for Law!!

Congrats! When did you apply and how far were you into further consideration?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Anyone else apply for Law with politics and philosophy at KCL?

i did! c:
Original post by AlmightySo
Hey i applied for course. I was wondering how much of an emphasis did you put on the philosophy and politics aspects of the course in your personal statement. Did you mention them, or is your personal statement solely focused on law? Im getting quite worried because i rarely mentioned the other 2 subjects in my ps

i did the same mistake..

Latest

Trending

Trending