The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ///curious
Got nottingham today for Law with French and French Law - AA :biggrin:

wow congrats, just two?
Original post by toetothunder
When does Warwick have to get back to me by? I applied in December. Seriously considering withdrawing now tbh.

If you don't receive your offers by March 31st then you have an extended deadline as to reply to them all so I'd wait, especially if you'd consider going if you got an offer.
Just got offer from KCL. Finally lol
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Just got offer from KCL. Finally lol

Congrats :biggrin: Is it your firm choice?
Anyone still waiting for UCL. Does anyone know when they'll reply
ALL Unis will hold some applicants until the final deadline (early May) for all courses.

They do this because they will now wait to see what he Firm up rate is for the others they have already made - they need to have some applicants in reserve for the extra offers they will then make.

All you can do is wait.
Just received an offer from Kings; My last awaited decision. :smile:
Original post by Kitkat5
wow congrats, just two?

thank you! yeah, 2 A's at advanced higher including french.
Original post by Sarah199026
it's for a moot I have on Friday and have to come up with 3 submissions to why the case we have been given is an invitation to treat and not an offer
The case is
At 9am Simon places an advertisement on the web stating that he would reduce the last 30 boxes of wine from £50 to £30 the advert stated that anyone wanting to but the wine to contact him via email or telephone...

Please can someone help 😩😩😩

An invitation to treat is an invitation by one party to commence negotiations which may or may not lead to an offer. The advertisement on the web constitutes an invitation because there is no final official meeting or final communication between the Simon and the offerer. As an offer is the final statement of proposal (offeror to offeree), it only exists when there is nothing further to negotiate.

Going into the intricacies of your example, the caller might merely requesting for further information, or further clarification, making their call not the acceptance of an offer. The advertisement is not final statement of proposal, which has to be clear and unequivocal; it cannot lead to a binding agreement (consensus ad idem) between the two parties because no negotiation has occurred. An analogy that I would draw would be that of goods displayed in a store. goods displayed in a store are invitations to treat, notwithstanding the presence or absence of an attached price tag. The advertisement would be an example of a "display of goods". The offer takes place at the sales counter when the shop assistant accepts the customer's offer to purchase the goods. This is equivalent to a customer calling Simon to offer to buy the wine; only then will your example constitute an offer and not an invitation to treat.

(Source: Something I read off a book) Hope it helped.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by toetothunder
When does Warwick have to get back to me by? I applied in December. Seriously considering withdrawing now tbh.

I just withdrew from them this week 🙃

Used to consider them for an insurance choice but I think the actual university (kinda dull, boring and ironically, not actually in Warwick) as well as the terribly unreliable email and reply system just made me not want to go there anymore. 😕
Original post by Sinisterist
What are you predicted A2 grades for history and economics then? 😊

I think they would usually take into account your A2 predicted grades instead of AS ones because ultimately offer grade requirements will be given
In terms of A2 results.🙈

Well I'm still in Y12 so I didn't get my A2 predictions yet but I'm guessing B's based on previous teacher feedback.
Finally got my Bristol Offer :smile:
Recieved an offer from KCL the other day! Torn between KCL and Leeds ahh
Original post by KatieHHH
Recieved an offer from KCL the other day! Torn between KCL and Leeds ahh

TSR 'How to choose your Firm/Insurance' advice here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
Rejected from Durham :frown:
Still waiting on Bristol! Sent me an email saying they were unable to make a decision yet.....

did anyone else get this email?
Original post by Lawhopeful2017
Still waiting on Bristol! Sent me an email saying they were unable to make a decision yet.....

did anyone else get this email?

I got this email last week! Frustrating as I applied in October, so getting quite anxious :frown:

Hope you hear back soon!
I sent my application in about a week and a half ago. I'm an international applicant. So far I've received one offer from Sheffield. :smile:
Original post by csheary
I got this email last week! Frustrating as I applied in October, so getting quite anxious :frown:

Hope you hear back soon!

I know it's hard. but if they've had your application since October and haven't rejected it, there's a reason for that!
Rejected from Warwick for Law with a Year Abroad today unfortunately, only waiting for Kent now.

Latest

Trending

Trending