LSE Anthropology and Law - with my Predictions?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Anth and Law at LSE requires AAB, and my predictions will be A*BB/ABB
    do you think it is worth trying?
    i've asked people who do the course at LSE if my Personal Statement is good enough and they all agree it is, so do you think it is worth applying?
    My actual AS grades were ABC (C was 2 marks off a B)
    My P.S. is very strong

Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    It's worth a shot, but make sure you have good backups.

In my experience, while the Law and Anthropology course is not as oversubscribed as the straight Law course at the LSE, a lot of the people I know who did that course while I was there had initially applied for straight Law and were offered Law & Anthropology instead. There is a tendency to offer Law and Anthropology to straight Law applicants whose applications were not strong enough for straight Law for one reason or another. I should add that I don't know how true that is across the board nor am I well-versed in the general academic strength of the students who apply for and are accepted to the Law and Anthropology course.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for Law this year too, I was originally going to apply for Anthropology and Law at LSE as well but I was told by my school mentor that my personal statement didn't touch the Anthropology side as much as it did for Law, so i changed it. Just wondering, does your personal statement mention Anthropology and Law in equal measure? Or are you in a similar position as me where it's entirely Law based, because I'm considering to change one of my options back to Anth & Law if its possible to get in with out mentioning Anthropology as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student1738999)
    Hi, I'm applying for Law this year too, I was originally going to apply for Anthropology and Law at LSE as well but I was told by my school mentor that my personal statement didn't touch the Anthropology side as much as it did for Law, so i changed it. Just wondering, does your personal statement mention Anthropology and Law in equal measure? Or are you in a similar position as me where it's entirely Law based, because I'm considering to change one of my options back to Anth & Law if its possible to get in with out mentioning Anthropology as much.
    LSE themselves say you need to discuss both subjects equally in your PS.

ReputationRep:
    Hey yeah, mine has anthropology running through it equally, i travelled to Zambia to study their cultures and how they differ from ours (legally) so write a paragraph about that, and I have other anthropological aspects to my PS so id say its equally anthropology tbh.
    Do you think its worth me applying to the AAB course with an ABB prediction (maybe A*BB)?

ReputationRep:
    My personal statement focusses a lot on human rights and a lot of extra curricular stuff I done regarding them, although I don't know whether that will be enough to satisfy an anthropologist, so I'm unsure on whether to apply. Regarding your predicteds, I think you might have a nice shot given your experience and desire to study it, they may overlook your predicteds given that it's not as competitive. I have a friend who got offers from Warwick and Manchester for history predicted AAB when they wanted AAA. But then again this is LSE. My main point being that it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    My personal statement focusses a lot on human rights and a lot of extra curricular stuff I done regarding them, although I don't know whether that will be enough to satisfy an anthropologist, so I'm unsure on whether to apply. Regarding your predicteds, I think you might have a nice shot given your experience and desire to study it, they may overlook your predicteds given that it's not as competitive. I have a friend who got offers from Warwick and Manchester for history predicted AAB when they wanted AAA. But then again this is LSE. My main point being that it's not impossible.
    I just sent off my application on Friday haha and decided to apply
    I read that the personal is read by a admissions tutor from anthropology and law - and they need to accepted by both tough ahaha
    So i made my PS had an equal split aha

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about my personal statement. I'm applying for law except for LSE which is anthropology and law; I mentioned about cultures and societies in one paragraph but i haven't mentioned anthropology explicitly? I called the admissions lady a while ago and she said I should apply for anthropology &law then switch to law so...
    But if both anthropology and law tutors look at it, hopefully they may consider me for the law course instead? I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got offers yet?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.