The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience 2017

It's just a couple of weeks until the application process begins. JP Morgan have just updated their website saying that it is the 21st.

Who is thinking of going? What was it like? How difficult was the application process?

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to apply however, it couldn't be on a more awkward date as I'm out of the country and will be out for most of the day! With timezones taken into account it's gonna be hard for me to find time to submit my application. Good luck to all those who apply!
Anyone know what sort of questions they ask for the video interview? Thank you.
Reply 3
Not sure. Looking back through the thread from last year a lot of people said that they weren't too difficult.
Original post by englishtutor007
Anyone know what sort of questions they ask for the video interview? Thank you.
Original post by adoodling
Not sure. Looking back through the thread from last year a lot of people said that they weren't too difficult.

Ok, thanks for getting back.
I'm surprised that applications are only open for a single day, but I'm even more shocked that there's a video interview.

I was not prepared for this. Especially the part where it says 'If you're wondering what to wear, just wear what you would wear for a normal interview! :-DDD' I'm like wtf :eek::eek::eek: That means I'm going to have to change out of my jim-jams and into a suit on the first day of half-term... :angry:

We don't have to submit a CV or personal statement or anything, do we? Because I haven't done one... Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect, thought it might just be inputting grades.

What kind of things will they ask for the interview? I hope they won't ask really general questions about why I want to do the work experience...

God I'm so unprepared!

@Princepieman halp
Reply 6
I don't know where you read that it was a video interview. All I had to do was to awnser a question about why I wanted to partake in the work experience program in under 4000 characters. Even if you only wrote 2000 characters that still should be plenty. :smile:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I'm surprised that applications are only open for a single day, but I'm even more shocked that there's a video interview.

I was not prepared for this. Especially the part where it says 'If you're wondering what to wear, just wear what you would wear for a normal interview! :-DDD' I'm like wtf :eek::eek::eek: That means I'm going to have to change out of my jim-jams and into a suit on the first day of half-term... :angry:

We don't have to submit a CV or personal statement or anything, do we? Because I haven't done one... Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect, thought it might just be inputting grades.

What kind of things will they ask for the interview? I hope they won't ask really general questions about why I want to do the work experience...

God I'm so unprepared!

@Princepieman halp
Reply 7
I don't know where you read that it was a video interview. All I had to do was to awnser a question about why I wanted to partake in the work experience program in under 4000 characters. Even if you only wrote 2000 characters that still should be plenty. :smile:

Did you have to send your CV or grades?
I've done the 14 questions. Now do we need to download the HireVue app and do the before midnight today?
Original post by Vl7d
Did you have to send your CV or grades?

No CV or Grades. Literally just max 4k char essay and rest just yes or no questions on whether you are a criminal.

Did you not get a reply back from HireVue regarding JP Morgan's Virtual interview?

I haven't applied yet but that whole thing about HireVue and how it went through the procedure for doing interviews with your web camera made me assume that it would be a video interview...

4000 characters?!

It's gonna be the fluffiest most bs 4000 characters I've ever written in my life.
Nvm I downloaded the app, but it says I already completed the "digital interview". I am guessing the questionnaire was the interview. I guess we wait for a response now?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I haven't applied yet but that whole thing about HireVue and how it went through the procedure for doing interviews with your web camera made me assume that it would be a video interview...

4000 characters?!

It's gonna be the fluffiest most bs 4000 characters I've ever written in my life.

Yea its 4000 characters maximum. Unlike our PS, spaces don't count so i could only really do 3000 characters.
Reply 14
Original post by LightYagami1
Yea its 4000 characters maximum. Unlike our PS, spaces don't count so i could only really do 3000 characters.

What other programs have you applied to?
Original post by Vl7d
What other programs have you applied to?

Literally only just nomura. I only decided to pursue IB in year 13.
Reply 16
Original post by LightYagami1
Literally only just nomura. I only decided to pursue IB in year 13.

Ah Ok. A-Level subjects? Applied to which universities?
Reply 17
Hi guys
I submitted my application with 4k characters paragraph this afternoon in a rush because i thought that it closed at 5:30 today?
however, it is nearly 6 now and the application is still open?
so can you still apply now?
Original post by Vl7d
Ah Ok. A-Level subjects? Applied to which universities?

Maths
Further Maths
Chem

LSE
UCL
Warwick
Durham
Im done applying how about everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest