Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I'm considering applying for city for criminology and psychology( joint) but I am unsure about the social aspect of city? Is it a easy environment to meet new people? Also how good is the location?

Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to apply for BSc Financial Economics but I'm also unsure of the social aspect of the university. In comparison to other university open days, City University of London seemed entirely focused upon the academic side of the university without much thought for social events or societies.

The location is good, between farringdon/angel/old street where there are loads of restaurants/bars etc. However the uni is very academically focused, the social aspect will depend on how much you want to get involved. There is a freshers fair where you can sign up to clubs/societies and they will do their own events, but its very much the case of you have to put the effort in. There are also sports social nights on Wednesdays at the SU which anyone can attend.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely become a better university now that it is a part of the University of London. Socially it could be better but people tend to go and do their own things with their friends. Do join some societies and clubs as well, though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a 1st year undergraduate student of economics at City, University of London. From first hand, there are things to do, although the uni is infamous for the lack of social life. You would not really find parties and big freshers events organised by the Students' Union. So, regarding parties and big social events there isn't much happening. To be honest, I don't really mind. But as always, you can hang out with your friends since there's a lot to do around uni, plus any part of Central London is 10-15 mins away. On the other hand, there are many events within career prospects and just general events that are connected with your studies (e.g Startup events, presentations held by big firms, opportunities to work in the field abroad, etc.) Personally, I met my best friends at uni there since you can really find like minded people. Especially if you're going into economics/financial economics and you're very interested in the subject, there's a lot to do for you.

All the best,
    Blaz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.