The Student Room Group

Should I retake English Language again to obtain a B?

I did get a C in year 11. I usually would get B's or high C's in the mocks and I got two B's in my controlled assessment. I decided to retake English Language GCSE to get a B in English Language to do English Literature A level and I didn't like getting a C. However, I ended up getting a C at the end and I was 4 marks off a B. I did send off my exams for remark because my teacher suggested that I should, but it still remained the same. I am determined to become a solicitor and I know that certain universities are less likely to give an offer to attend if you don't manage to get a B in English Language. I do see potential in my self to get a B, but I did mess up on my exam. However, I do know that other Universities don't mind as much about getting a B in English Language. Law is a competitive course, should I leave my grade as it is or should I resit? I can't resit in November 2016 because I missed the deadline for it and I am unsure about doing it in June. Does anybody know if there is a way that I can resit without doing lessons for June? I did the WJEC exam board and does anybody know if the WJEC board will do November resits in 2017? Will it be too late to obtain one then? My college has not changed to 9-1 just yet and I am doing 3 A levels. Also, I'm doing AS this year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anonymous472
I did get a C in year 11. I usually would got B's or high C's in the mocks and I got two B's in my controlled assessment. I decided to retake English Language GCSE to get a B in English Language to do English Literature A level and I didn't like getting a C. However, I ended up getting a C at the end and I was 4 marks off a B. I did send off my exams for remark because my teacher suggested that I should, but it still remained the same. I am determined to become a solicitor and I know that certain universities are less likely to give an offer to attend if you don't manage to get a B in English Language. I do see potential in my self to get a B, but I did mess up on my exam. However, I do know that other Universities don't mind as much about getting a B in English Language. Law is a competitive course, should I leave my grade as it is or should I resit? I can't resit in November 2016 because I missed the deadline for it and I am unsure about doing it in June. Does anybody know if there is a way that I can resit without doing lessons for June? I did the WJEC exam board and does anybody know if the WJEC board will do November resits in 2017? Will it be too late to obtain one then? My college has not changed to 9-1 just yet and I am doing 3 A levels. Also, I'm doing AS this year.

Why hasn't your teacher allowed you or given some positive feedback to whoever allows you to do A levels say you are determined and capable of studying English Literature at A level?

I mean, if you're already studying Literature I don't see the need to redo your GCSE in English Language as you have the minimum grade of a C.

Quick Reply