Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for a chemistry course with a medicine personal statement? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ as a backup

ReputationRep:
    I think chemistry admissions tutors are quite used to seeing this because of the fact that medicine applicants are restricted to four choices. It shouldn't disadvantage you as far as getting an offer is concerned. I presume that's what you're asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I was thinking if the admissions people saw from my ps that I'm mainly applying for medicine then why would they give me an offer when they could give it to someone with a chemistry-orientated ps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartypirate)
    Yeah, but I was thinking if the admissions people saw from my ps that I'm mainly applying for medicine then why would they give me an offer when they could give it to someone with a chemistry-orientated ps?
    Depends where you apply
    If it's UCL or Imperial for chemistry as you're back up, you will be rejected.
    (Been there done that)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What if it was Birmingham, typical offer ABB for BSc, AAB for MSci?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartypirate)
    What if it was Birmingham, typical offer ABB for BSc, AAB for MSci?
    I'm not sure how competitive Birmingham is for chemistry (I'm guessing it's pretty competitive as I've heard it's really good for chemistry)

You may get in for a BSc not the MSci

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.