How come my mum was like this, is it my fault for being odd?

Announcements

Whilst growing up, how come my mum has always preferred to call me rather thanseeing my side of something and discussing it. An example was when we were going for a day out she had her music on loud in the car and it was uncomfortable to me. I asked for it to be turned down and my dad over reacting just turned it off. My mum then said to my dad 'shes a boring ***** isnt she'. I got annoyed and said that i only suggested turning it down not off and she went off on one saying 'why does she have to come to moan all the way and it caused an argument. I do love music but im the quiet type and listen to it on my headphones lol. Another example is at a family do i was conscious of an essay that needed finishing and so after a while asked if i could get home and my mum just said 'shes sad isnt she' lol. My dad said that i never got on with her past the age of 12 cause im a different personality she's more outgoing and im quiet/boring. Theres been loads of arguments because ive got annoyed at her not being able to discuss things and her just calling me. I dont know if its my fault as i can get obsessed with things like noise etc (expecially at night) but looking back I cant say that i like her and she doesn't like me. I sometimes wonder if im being oversensitive though, do you ever hold grudges against parents and things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whilst growing up, how come my mum has always preferred to call me rather thanseeing my side of something and discussing it. An example was when we were going for a day out she had her music on loud in the car and it was uncomfortable to me. I asked for it to be turned down and my dad over reacting just turned it off. My mum then said to my dad 'shes a boring ***** isnt she'. I got annoyed and said that i only suggested turning it down not off and she went off on one saying 'why does she have to come to moan all the way and it caused an argument. I do love music but im the quiet type and listen to it on my headphones lol. Another example is at a family do i was conscious of an essay that needed finishing and so after a while asked if i could get home and my mum just said 'shes sad isnt she' lol. My dad said that i never got on with her past the age of 12 cause im a different personality she's more outgoing and im quiet/boring. Theres been loads of arguments because ive got annoyed at her not being able to discuss things and her just calling me. I dont know if its my fault as i can get obsessed with things like noise etc (expecially at night) but looking back I cant say that i like her and she doesn't like me. I sometimes wonder if im being oversensitive though, do you ever hold grudges against parents and things?
    lol thats sad man
    Spoiler:
    Show
    try talking things out, and saying exactly what you said here. I'm sure she loves you. after all, she is your mother. dont think so much about it. because then it will become a huge issue.

I feel similar my mother thinks i am the world's most boring person to my mother was quite popular at school I am a loner type who enjoys her own company reading a book or doing research about random things eg historical figures.I wish things could be different my mother hates spending time with me it makes me sad as I try my best yet for her nothing is ever good enough.

Also I am too a deeply sensitive person who is weak emotionally and will cry about anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing your mother is relatively uneducated/unaccomplished, and possibly has a chip on her shoulder :dontknow:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.