Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Never finish anything....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find this? I have loads of ideas and I start one and then go onto another before I've finished the first one and it keeps going like this until I have a load of ideas that I've started but not finished which makes it look like I'm wasting my time because I've spent a long time doing stuff without a finished product. It's really quite frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Anyone else find this? I have loads of ideas and I start one and then go onto another before I've finished the first one and it keeps going like this until I have a load of ideas that I've started but not finished which makes it look like I'm wasting my time because I've spent a long time doing stuff without a finished product. It's really quite frustrating.
    Yes, I do this quite often. I also make plans to do things and make small starts on them and then never get back to them, even though I want to and know I need to - just very difficult to find the motivation.

But I guess you're slightly different in that you move onto another idea so you're actually doing something...

Perhaps it may help to get into a routine and/or set deadlines for yourself to try and get yourself into gear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Yes, I do this quite often. I also make plans to do things and make small starts on them and then never get back to them, even though I want to and know I need to - just very difficult to find the motivation.

But I guess you're slightly different in that you move onto another idea so you're actually doing something...

Perhaps it may help to get into a routine and/or set deadlines for yourself to try and get yourself into gear?
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. I did it with one thing, I said 'Okay, I'm going to just do this one thing until I finish it' and it last a few days and I got some good work on it done but then I decided to move onto another idea, which I said the same thing and I've been doing that for about just over a week now. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. I did it with one thing, I said 'Okay, I'm going to just do this one thing until I finish it' and it last a few days and I got some good work on it done but then I decided to move onto another idea, which I said the same thing and I've been doing that for about just over a week now. :P
    It's quite tricky, I don't know what you're doing but maybe you can find a way to.. not enable you to start those new things (eg put your money somewhere safe if you need to buy materials for a next project...) or tell someone about a project you're working on and when you think it'll be finished by.. or what you hope to achieve by ... and put the pressure on?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.