Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Higher Resits??

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was looking at the GLA website and on the general 'Entry Requirements' section it says that 'All Highers must be obtained on the first sitting of the examination'. Does this mean GLA don't consider or accept resat grades, even if they have better results?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironeye2106)
    Hey, I was looking at the GLA website and on the general 'Entry Requirements' section it says that 'All Highers must be obtained on the first sitting of the examination'. Does this mean GLA don't consider or accept resat grades, even if they have better results?

Cheers
    Hi there, that's right. We can only consider the first sitting results, which is normally in S5. Resits to obtain a better grade in the same subject would not be considered.
    - Kelly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Glasgow admissions)
    Hi there, that's right. We can only consider the first sitting results, which is normally in S5. Resits to obtain a better grade in the same subject would not be considered.
    - Kelly
    Hey, thanks for getting back. Does this only pertain to students looking for an unconditional offer? My cousin told me he was offered a conditional from Glasgow University a while back asking for a better grade in a Higher he was resitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironeye2106)
    Hey, thanks for getting back. Does this only pertain to students looking for an unconditional offer? My cousin told me he was offered a conditional from Glasgow University a while back asking for a better grade in a Higher he was resitting.
    Hi there, it all depends on the circumstances (what course is applied to, any applicable adjustment to an offer, the grades obtained in S5, etc) but the standard policy is that resits are not considered.
    - Kelly

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I have more or less the same question..
    I'm from Hungary, and I have already had my exams but to get into a university in the uk i will need more than in hungary ( here maximum two highers needed) does it count in your school system as a resit if I make standard level exams into higher level exams?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.