Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Delete

ReputationRep:
    H&M has some great things in at affordable prices - I like it in there. Topman's jeans are often 20 pounds, which I think is good too considering the quality of them. Shoes are somewhat harder to come by in cheaper shops from my experience.

ReputationRep:
    yeh h& m is usually very good cool ''emo'' style range there with the nice tee for 4.99

also asda has some ok stuff to for men ...dark [nearly black] jeans in now that are gorjus for £8

cant think of any more cheap places....er Asos sales r usually good.

ReputationRep:
    debenhams normally have brilliant reductions during their blue cross sales too - they are on quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    Next Clearance - you can get some good stuff from there and it won't break your bank balance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuv)
    Next Clearance - you can get some good stuff from there and it won't break your bank balance!
    be warned they do shove in some pricier items though, its easy as you are flicking through the packed racks of t shirts to think "this is well cheap" then fish out a tshirt that's a size too big, £25 when it was only £29.99 to begin with..but you still buy it

I like TKMaxx, but you have to have a strict quality control, some of the items are ghastly, no wonder the shops hadent sold them and sold them to TKMaxx instead.

Topman is cheap (especially with NUS) but i have to say ive been questioning whether it is cheap in the long-run, as the tshirts are getting thinner and thinner, and go out of shape after about 5 washes

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam :P

ReputationRep:
    Primark for t-shirts and Tk-max for jeans, you can get designer ones in there for good value (relatively speaking)

ReputationRep:
    Matalan maybe?

And Qube is pretty good for cheapish trainers =) Especially around sale time lol.

ReputationRep:
    Matalan for you T-shirts, they're about £3 each there and I think you can pick up a pair of jeans for £5 from tesco or asda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkinson42)
    H&M has some great things in at affordable prices - I like it in there. Topman's jeans are often 20 pounds, which I think is good too considering the quality of them. Shoes are somewhat harder to come by in cheaper shops from my experience.
    I'd agree with all of that. I've had a lot of good stuff from H&M - especially the basic £3 t-shirts - and I recently got a pair of jeans from Topman for £20 which I'm very pleased with and may go back for some more to take to uni in september. It's a while since I've found good shoes though, and rather than spending a lot of time and money on finding/buying them, I've been settling for cheap, inoffensive trainers.

ReputationRep:
    Burton is normally good too, Or you could try online.. googling what you want and find the best price.. Thats what I do. Also Sports-Direct is okk.. Got some nice No Fear stuff in there.. Try www.mandmdirect.com also, It has VERY cheap designer brands. www.asos.com, they can be ok sometimes.. Also depends on what style/type of clothes you where.. You could try www.attitude.uk.com or www.store555.com -> that one is like surfware and so on.. Its cheap, but then postage is a lil pricey which bumps up the price.

ReputationRep:
    Matalan!!! Whoop

ReputationRep:
    Asda!!!! You cant beat it and the clothes arnt actually that bad.

A decent pair of jeans for about £10 but if you are looking for cheap jeanc you can get a pair for £3. Yops arnt that much either. You can buy a shirt and tie for £5 and a full suit for £30. T-shirts are from £5 usually but they can go either way.

I would avoid Matalan! It is really bad quality and usually shrinks or rips or just doesnt fit well. Its ok for work wear if you are on a building site but i would avoid it. Also if you do buy anything there i would try it on in the shop as they arnt normal.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.