I hate my dad

Announcements

All he does is swear and say nasty stuff to me and says am ****in weird and insults me then tells me to f off and go get him food is there something wrong with him and what am i to do? he doesnt let me study becos he distracts me and then i cant be bothered trying to carry on what shall i do i hate this everyday argh im 16 if it help

ReputationRep:
    So do I, if you want, I could tell you the best revenge plan.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if he treats you like that then immediately after tries to tell you to get him food simply refuse! Don't do nice things for people who treat you like crap. That just reinforces their behaviour. If you're brave enough, I'd say confront him on the matter. Don't just stay silent.

But if you don't like the bolshy approach, at least get yourself out of the house to do your studying. Go to your local library instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Well, if he treats you like that then immediately after tries to tell you to get him food simply refuse! Don't do nice things for people who treat you like crap. That just reinforces their behaviour. If you're brave enough, I'd say confront him on the matter. Don't just stay silent.

But if you don't like the bolshy approach, at least get yourself out of the house to do your studying. Go to your local library instead.
    Yeah follow the above advice ^^^

Try to alpha yourself.

On a practical note, you don't have to put up with this. If it is making life unbearable, if he is trying to control your life, get out and go to a refuge. My father was abusive too. I've cut him out entirely. It has made my life so much better. Though not necessarily easier.*

You have to take care of yourself. *

(Original post by Anonymous)
    All he does is swear and say nasty stuff to me and says am ****in weird and insults me then tells me to f off and go get him food is there something wrong with him and what am i to do? he doesnt let me study becos he distracts me and then i cant be bothered trying to carry on what shall i do i hate this everyday argh im 16 if it help
    It depends how bad it is. Is your mum around? You do make him sound unpleasant.

If its as bad as you say, then you might wnat to get out, but that would mean getting social services involved and more or less leaving the family. I dont know what your family environment is really like. Its not good at 16 because you arent independent yet.

You can always ring childline and talk to them in confidence 0800 1111.

Alternatively if leaving isnt an option, then the other method is aboidance and non confrontation.

Stay away from him.
    If he is rude to you ignore it and let i go over your head.
    If you have to make food, then do it quickly and get back to what you were doing.
    If you cant study in the house go to the library or study round at a friends..

It sucks to have a rubbish parent, especially when they should be kind and supportive. At the moment you need to do well in your exams so focus on working hard, then you cna go to Uni and start to get away from him. When you have a full time job and a degree then you wont have to deal with him.

ReputationRep:
    Thats verbal abuse report him.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.