Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What are some good, laidback first date ideas?

There's a girl I recently met at uni who I really. We've spoken a few times and hang out/go to social events together as part of the same group. I'm planning to ask her out sometime this week when I see her again. I obviously dont know if she'll say yes or not but i just want to have a date plan in place already so its not just "would you like to go out sometime?"Would be cool to hear from any girls; how have you been asked out at uni? is there a bad/good way to do it? also what signs would you give to a guy you were interested in dating

thanks

ReputationRep:
    It could be anything you know you two would enjoy. Although I would strongly recommend not taking her to the movie. In my experience, it is important to interact as much as possible with each other on a first date and a movie obviously isn't a place where you can exactly do that at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a girl I recently met at uni who I really. We've spoken a few times and hang out/go to social events together as part of the same group. I'm planning to ask her out sometime this week when I see her again. I obviously dont know if she'll say yes or not but i just want to have a date plan in place already so its not just "would you like to go out sometime?"Would be cool to hear from any girls; how have you been asked out at uni? is there a bad/good way to do it? also what signs would you give to a guy you were interested in dating

thanks
    Doing past STEP papers and whoever gets the lower mark takes a shot of vodka each time.

ReputationRep:
    Can't be anymore laid back than in a bed.

ReputationRep:
    Going out for a coffee is a simple date

ReputationRep:
    Coffee and bowling.

Ice skating to break the ice? (yeah you fatty)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.